Re: Looking for "Advanced" Audacity tips

  • Patrick McNa...
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 11 3:09 PM
      How about the "Living Stereo" effect? I would split the track then adjust the volume on each spoken section of the track to make it seem as if people were talking from different parts of the room. I used it all throughout Blue Hot Gossip. It helped to make each character stand out.

      Another trick is to mix multiple tracks of recordings to create a "chorus" effect and make it seem as if more than one person is talking at the same time. I used it a few times, such as at the very ending of one of the Halloween episodes. (http://bluehotgossip.blogspot.ca/2010_10_01_archive.html) There are five voices talking at once.
    • the Encaffeinated ONE
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 11 8:07 PM
        Thanks for all the tips! The panel is tomorrow afternoon, and I'll
        post audio (if it records..) and a summary of all the tips I've got on
        Understanding Podcasting in the coming week. (I'll post a note here
        where I have.)

        -MK

        On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Patrick McNa...
        <writerpatrick@...> wrote:
        > How about the "Living Stereo" effect? I would split the track then adjust the volume on each spoken section of the track to make it seem as if people were talking from different parts of the room. I used it all throughout Blue Hot Gossip. It helped to make each character stand out.
        >
        > Another trick is to mix multiple tracks of recordings to create a "chorus" effect and make it seem as if more than one person is talking at the same time. I used it a few times, such as at the very ending of one of the Halloween episodes. (http://bluehotgossip.blogspot.ca/2010_10_01_archive.html) There are five voices talking at once.

        -Mark "the Encaffeinated ONE"