Re: Strange buzzing

  • Patrick McNa...
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 5, 2012
      Go to your computer's volume settings, find the "line input" setting and mute it. This is a common source of buzzing.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Waidux" <b.waidux@...> wrote:

      > Hey guys, first off, I'm sorry if I screwed up posting this, this is my first time using yahoo groups.
      > I'm sort of new at podcasting and what not, this stuff is really interesting, but I ran into some problems before I could even do anything fun. When I record audio, the background picks up a very strange buzz (static noise, sounds like I'm next to a waterfall or something). I've uploaded a silent sample (no talking, just silence). Any idea on what that is? And perhaps how to fix it?
      > Off-topic question - English isn't my main language, so I have a slight accent, and I feel very strange listening to my own voice, any tips on how to deal with that?

    • Maggie Bonham
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 6, 2012
        Hey folks!

        I'm looking for free video editing software for vidcasts that works on
        Windows. Recommendations? Thanks in advance!

        --
        ------- "Good tea. Nice House." -- Lt. Worf, ST:TNG ------------

        It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams

        Margaret H. Bonham, author of 30 books, www.shadowhelm.net

        Prophecy of Swords. Runestone of Teiwas, available through Yard Dog Press and Lachlei available through Dragon Moon Press, and The King's Champion available through Wolfsinger Publications.

        Blog: shadowhelm.livejournal.com
      • Michael Sitarzewski
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 6, 2012
          Have you looked at this as a start?

          http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started

          On Apr 6, 2012, at 5:46 PM, Maggie Bonham <skywarrior3@...> wrote:

          > Hey folks!
          >
          > I'm looking for free video editing software for vidcasts that works on
          > Windows. Recommendations? Thanks in advance!
          >
          > --
          > ------- "Good tea. Nice House." -- Lt. Worf, ST:TNG ------------
          >
          > It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams
          >
          > Margaret H. Bonham, author of 30 books, www.shadowhelm.net
          >
          > Prophecy of Swords. Runestone of Teiwas, available through Yard Dog Press and Lachlei available through Dragon Moon Press, and The King's Champion available through Wolfsinger Publications.
          >
          > Blog: shadowhelm.livejournal.com

        • markk
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 6, 2012
            I think that the best you can do is LightWorks http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

            This is a very powerful program which was used to make many famous Hollywood films that you would be familiar with.A couple of years ago the company was bought and the new owners decided to go open source with the product and create a community of users. The program is free and does work with Windows.

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Maggie Bonham <skywarrior3@...> wrote:

            > Hey folks!
            >
            > I'm looking for free video editing software for vidcasts that works on
            > Windows. Recommendations? Thanks in advance!
            >
            > --
            > ------- "Good tea. Nice House." -- Lt. Worf, ST:TNG ------------
            >
            > It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes -- Douglas Adams
            >
            > Margaret H. Bonham, author of 30 books, www.shadowhelm.net
            >
            > Prophecy of Swords. Runestone of Teiwas, available through Yard Dog Press and Lachlei available through Dragon Moon Press, and The King's Champion available through Wolfsinger Publications.
            >
            > Blog: shadowhelm.livejournal.com

          • Calvin Powers
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 9, 2012
              The one I'm keeping an eye on is Lightworks <http://www.lightworksbeta.com/>.
              It's got kind of a wonky user interface. Be sure to check out the video
              tutorials for it on you tube. Also check out the forum and support tabs on
              the home page for pointers to documentation etc.

              Calvin.

              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 9, 2012
                I have some inside info on a cloud based video editor that's about to hit the market.

                It's going to make downloaded software seem silly (think real-time collaboration, shared originals, etc.). I've seen it evolve over the last three months.

                Check out http://vidmaker.com/

                They're pals of mine in the TechStars Cloud program!

                --
                Michael Sitarzewski
                CEO, Callisto.fm, Inc.

                Real-time engagement analytics for media creators and distributors.

                On Apr 9, 2012, at 12:49 PM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

                > The one I'm keeping an eye on is Lightworks <http://www.lightworksbeta.com/>.
                > It's got kind of a wonky user interface. Be sure to check out the video
                > tutorials for it on you tube. Also check out the forum and support tabs on
                > the home page for pointers to documentation etc.
                >
                > Calvin.
                >
                > On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Maggie Bonham <skywarrior3@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hey folks!
                > >
                > > I'm looking for free video editing software for vidcasts that works on
                > > Windows. Recommendations? Thanks in advance!
                > >
                > > --
                > > ------- "Good tea. Nice House." -- Lt. Worf, ST:TNG ------------
                > >
                > > It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
                > > potatoes -- Douglas Adams
                > >
                > > Margaret H. Bonham, author of 30 books, www.shadowhelm.net
                > >
                > > Prophecy of Swords. Runestone of Teiwas, available through Yard Dog Press
                > > and Lachlei available through Dragon Moon Press, and The King's Champion
                > > available through Wolfsinger Publications.
                > >
                > > Blog: shadowhelm.livejournal.com

              • Todd Cochrane
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 10, 2012
                  Michael

                  Challenges with Cloud Editing

                  -Source Video is big my average 1080p master recording if 8-10 GB.
                  -Time to upload Source time consuming
                  -Cost to process multiple output formats expensive

                  With a Mac Pro it takes me 1 hour to produce 3 master videos.
                  1280/720 1.8gb
                  640/360 800mb
                  320/240 375mb
                  Total Upload time of 3 mater videos 60 minutes. Total end to end editing
                  time just over 2 hours. With Cloud computing I would still be uploading
                  the master file that would be used to edit it..

                  Cloud editing in my opinion will not replace desktop editing anytime
                  soon for those with video projects that are more than 10 minutes long.

                  Todd.

                  On 4/9/2012 4:37 PM, Michael Sitarzewski wrote:
                  > I have some inside info on a cloud based video editor that's about to hit the market.
                  >
                  > It's going to make downloaded software seem silly (think real-time collaboration, shared originals, etc.). I've seen it evolve over the last three months.
                  >
                  > Check out http://vidmaker.com/
                  >
                  > They're pals of mine in the TechStars Cloud program!
                  >
                  > --
                  > Michael Sitarzewski
                  > CEO, Callisto.fm, Inc.
                  > http://callisto.fm
                  >

                  > Real-time engagement analytics for media creators and distributors.
                  >

                  > On Apr 9, 2012, at 12:49 PM, Calvin Powers<calvin@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> The one I'm keeping an eye on is Lightworks<http://www.lightworksbeta.com/>.
                  >> It's got kind of a wonky user interface. Be sure to check out the video
                  >> tutorials for it on you tube. Also check out the forum and support tabs on
                  >> the home page for pointers to documentation etc.
                  >>
                  >> Calvin.
                  >>
                  >> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Maggie Bonham<skywarrior3@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Hey folks!
                  >>>
                  >>> I'm looking for free video editing software for vidcasts that works on
                  >>> Windows. Recommendations? Thanks in advance!
                  >>>
                  >>> --
                  >>> ------- "Good tea. Nice House." -- Lt. Worf, ST:TNG ------------
                  >>>
                  >>> It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
                  >>> potatoes -- Douglas Adams
                  >>>
                  >>> Margaret H. Bonham, author of 30 books, www.shadowhelm.net
                  >>>
                  >>> Prophecy of Swords. Runestone of Teiwas, available through Yard Dog Press
                  >>> and Lachlei available through Dragon Moon Press, and The King's Champion
                  >>> available through Wolfsinger Publications.
                  >>>
                  >>> Blog: shadowhelm.livejournal.com

                  >> --

                • Patrick McNa...
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 13, 2012
                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Maggie Bonham <skywarrior3@...> wrote:

                    > Hey folks!
                    >
                    > I'm looking for free video editing software for vidcasts that works on
                    > Windows. Recommendations? Thanks in advance!

                    Giveawayoftheday.com has Wondershare Video Studio Express today (Apr. 13th), although you have to download and activate it before the end of the day.
                  • Michael Sitarzewski
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 16, 2012
                      They're hitting that 10 minute sweet spot head on.

                      As technology improves (as does bandwidth) this will be a great solution for the professional crowd - it's already on their radar.

                      The trick is in the implementation and the direct relationship between the browser and the service.