Re: html5 player in libsyn

  • geeknewscentral
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2012
      Calvin

      One thing you can do as well. If your using PowerPress Podcasting plugin, it has a HTML5 player Audio or Video that you can select. If the browser hitting the page mobile, table etc does not have HTML5 support then PowerPress does a flash fallback.

      Todd..

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

      > Howdy all,
      >
      > On my current libsyn account, when I publish an episode, it gives me a bit
      > of java script which I can embed in a web page to put a flash-based player
      > for the file on the page. Which is fine except that there are a fair number
      > of browser environments that don't support flash. Does anyone know if
      > libsyn is planning on supporting HTML5-based embed code? Or maybe they do
      > and I just haven't figured out how to enable it.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Calvin

    • Calvin Powers
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012
        Thanks for the suggestions. I do not use powerpress but I did find a
        wordpress plugin called degradeable html5 player (or something like that)
        that works in a similar fashion. You place a shortcode in the blogpost with
        URL of the media and it handles the rest, using HTML 5 if it's loaded in
        an environment that supports it and fallsback to flash otherwise.

        Calvin