Re: html5 player in libsyn

  • Dave Mansueto
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2012
      If I recall correctly, provided you configured it properly, when browsers like the iphone or iPad access the player it should fall back to html5 compatibility. This has been a function of that player since the first iPhone was released. So it should work for those platforms, but it's not as good as a proper html5 player with flash fallback. We had designed one for Marc Maron that was on his libsyn page, but i don't know what happened to it. It seems to be replaced by another html5 player. You may want to check with support if they can hook you up with that one.

      Dave m

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

      > Howdy all,
      >
      > On my current libsyn account, when I publish an episode, it gives me a bit
      > of java script which I can embed in a web page to put a flash-based player
      > for the file on the page. Which is fine except that there are a fair number
      > of browser environments that don't support flash. Does anyone know if
      > libsyn is planning on supporting HTML5-based embed code? Or maybe they do
      > and I just haven't figured out how to enable it.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Calvin

    • geeknewscentral
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2012
        Calvin

        One thing you can do as well. If your using PowerPress Podcasting plugin, it has a HTML5 player Audio or Video that you can select. If the browser hitting the page mobile, table etc does not have HTML5 support then PowerPress does a flash fallback.

        Todd..

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

        > Howdy all,
        >
        > On my current libsyn account, when I publish an episode, it gives me a bit
        > of java script which I can embed in a web page to put a flash-based player
        > for the file on the page. Which is fine except that there are a fair number
        > of browser environments that don't support flash. Does anyone know if
        > libsyn is planning on supporting HTML5-based embed code? Or maybe they do
        > and I just haven't figured out how to enable it.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Calvin

      • Calvin Powers
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2012
          Thanks for the suggestions. I do not use powerpress but I did find a
          wordpress plugin called degradeable html5 player (or something like that)
          that works in a similar fashion. You place a shortcode in the blogpost with
          URL of the media and it handles the rest, using HTML 5 if it's loaded in
          an environment that supports it and fallsback to flash otherwise.

          Calvin