Re: [podcasters] Embedded Player in Email?

  • Michael Sitarzewski
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2012
      I'd put a link directly to the audio file. Use something like RawVoice to track the clicks.

      It'd be way better to link to a full experience on a website too, so the user has a choice. The website should have a full blown player.

      Attaching a 20MB file sounds like a bad idea. :)

      On Mar 16, 2012, at 9:23 AM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

      > Greetings all,
      >
      > I have a client that is starting a podcast and he wants to do something I
      > haven't heard of before.
      >
      > He wants to send an email to listeners that basically looks like a
      > mini-show notes page and in that email/mini-show notes page he wants to
      > have an embedded player in the so that the reader can click a play button
      > and immediately start listening to the episode.
      >
      > The email will be an HTML email, but I am guessing that many clients would
      > not support flash players in the email message. But maybe they do.
      >
      > Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Any guidance?
      >
      > Calvin

    • Todd Cochrane
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2012
        Calvin

        If your hosting your own site on wordpress you should try our powerpress
        podcast plugin. It has a HTML5 player with flash fallback. There is even
        a embed option you can enable that if you want people to share your
        video or audio like people do on YouTube you can turn on that option. It
        is critical that if you use a HTML5 player from a third party source
        that it have flash fallback.

        If you are using libsyn for your website hosting you are limited by what
        they make available which is why we recommend all podcasters have their
        very own .com and then of course host there media where they see fit...

        Todd.