Re: Live Show ?Hardware help

  • Donald
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2012
      Dave,

      I believe you can achieve the same thing with the Behringer X1204USB
      using the source to Phone/Ctrl-Room settings

      Donald L.

      The Free COO <http://www.spreaker.com/show/the_free_coo>

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mansueto" <tacomancini@...>
      wrote:

      > Some mixers like Mackies have alternate routing. Like the mute buttons
      on the 1202 and up actually send the signal to a different set of
      outputs. So you put the primary left/rights out to your recorder, or the
      air, and you mute your mic, but bring it back into the monitors (yours
      and the hosts) by selecting both the main outs and alt 3/4 with the
      monitor selector. This was a Mackie first feature, that is often copied
      by other mixer companies.

      > The other option is to buy a second mixer, a simple 4 channel cheapie
      behrenger would do. Then sub mix the monitor output from your primary
      mixer with your producer mic source and send that output to the
      headphone distribution amplifier.

      > Dave M
      >
      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "derrick_young_95" derrickyoung95@
      wrote:

      > > If this is not the right venue for this question or if the traffic
      on this group has dropped off, I would also appreciate any information
      on where might be a suitable place to ask this question.

      > > I have tried 2 local music stores that deal in pro audio and 2 ebay
      sellers but have yet to get any kind of useful answer

      > > Derrick
      > >

      > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "derrick_young_95"
      <derrickyoung95@> wrote:

      > > > We ran a weekly live show for about 18 month or so but the time it
      took to do the show was starting to get to us so we packed it for a year
      to get caught up on life. So we are now getting ready to relaunch the
      show but I am really looking to take the Audio quality and fix a few
      short comings we had previously.

      > > > Our set up has a 12 channel mixer with 2 microphones plugged in. A
      telephone is attached to the 3rd line and computer to the 4th line for
      bumpers, lead in and such.

      > > > So the host of the show is on Mic one. I as the producer am on
      mic2 and sometimes contribute and add to the on air conversation. guest
      being being interviewed is on the phone (obviously).

      > > > So what i want to be able to do is to talk through my mic to the
      host or the guest without it going on air.

      > > > so if the host is talking i can say to the guest on phone, we will
      be live in 20 seconds. Or if the guest is a flop I can say to the host
      Wrap things up this is a bust. But I still need to be able to talk on
      air if needed.

      > > > Currently we have 1 headset attached to the monitor port on the
      mixer. So the host does not have a head set but I will be adding a 4
      channel headset amp to rectify this part.