Re: [podcasters] Re: Need help locating a podcast hosting provider

  • Gwen Orel
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 19, 2012
      I know this is unorthodox, but I host my podcasts on my mobile me site. People can then download them from the link. This works with itunes, it works on my site, it also allows me to share that link separately.

      Eventually, I will run out of space, at which time I'll have to figure something else out!

      Honestly, though, I'm a little scared to mess with itunes, who are notorious for not really chhanging things whe you need to.,
      On Feb 19, 2012, at 9:29 AM, Rick Savoia wrote:

      > You may be referring to Blubrry.com. Their hosting service is about the same
      > price-wise with better stats and other benefits.
      >
      > The web address is www.blubrry.com <http://www.blubrry.com/> .
      >
      > Libsyn also offers inexpensive hosting with stats. The only problem is they
      > are now owned by Mevio and in my personal experience their support and
      > options leave something to be desired. If you host with Libsyn my advice is
      > to use their service for hosting the files only and not to publish your
      > show.
      >
      > There are not very many other options out there for podcast centric hosting
      > (I do not recommend GoDaddy for serving audio and video content) so chances
      > the e-mail recommended either Blubrry or Libsyn and it was probably Blubrry.
      >
      > Rick
      >
      > Rick Savoia
      >
      > The Force Field podcast for IT Service Professionals
      >
      > www.theforcefield.net <http://www.theforcefield.net/>
      >
      > rick@...
      >
      > You have received this E-mail as part of your membership to
      > theforcefield.net. If you are not the recipient or received this in error,
      > please contact media@.... To unsubscribe from future mailings
      > contact media@....

    • Ken Kennedy Lloyd
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 23, 2012
        Amen to that Todd, so true.  Its the time in the trenches spent learning and perfecting your craft and spend an amazing amount of time growing your listnership while not in front of the mic.

        Ken aka DK
        voice over for commercial and book publications (providing voice over for commercials, and audio books)
        http://www.doublekradio.com
        Twitter  watercoolerDK
        https://www.facebook.com/doublekradio