Simulcasting. How to with Sam and Talkshoe

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2012
      I see alot of podcasts do dual streams, I would like to stream my shows over Sam Broadcaster and Talkshoe. I already have a talkshoe account and am particularly interested in there new Skype options.
      Anybody doing or know how to do this, or can direct me in the right direction?

      Thanks in advance.
    • C. Hatton Humphrey
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2012
        Ken -

        I don't know if what I'm doing is the same thing, but I have my recording
        session "simulcast" into Second Life. I do this by pulling the MP3 link
        out of the "trouble listening" link on the web chat client. It's a pretty
        standard URL, if you want to email me directly I can forward it to you as
        well.

        This works like a charm! I've been doing it for over 4 years now. The
        feed doesn't become active until the host actually dials in to the call,
        and there is a delay, but if you want your recording session to go out to
        multiple places that's the way I do it.

        As a side note, I've looked at other services and TalkShoe is the only one
        that allows this.

        Until Later!
        C. Hatton Humphrey
        http://www.eastcoastconservative.com

        No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of
        electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

        On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Ken <kkliveradio@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I see alot of podcasts do dual streams, I would like to stream my shows
        > over Sam Broadcaster and Talkshoe. I already have a talkshoe account and am
        > particularly interested in there new Skype options.
        > Anybody doing or know how to do this, or can direct me in the right
        > direction?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

      • David Jackson
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2012
          I would be interested to hear your take on Sam Broadcast vs somehting like
          mixlr or spreaker.

          Dave Jackson
          www.schoolofpodcasting.com

          On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM, C. Hatton Humphrey <chumphrey@...>wrote:

          > Ken -
          >
          > I don't know if what I'm doing is the same thing, but I have my recording
          > session "simulcast" into Second Life. I do this by pulling the MP3 link
          > out of the "trouble listening" link on the web chat client. It's a pretty
          > standard URL, if you want to email me directly I can forward it to you as
          > well.
          >
          > This works like a charm! I've been doing it for over 4 years now. The
          > feed doesn't become active until the host actually dials in to the call,
          > and there is a delay, but if you want your recording session to go out to
          > multiple places that's the way I do it.
          >
          > As a side note, I've looked at other services and TalkShoe is the only one
          > that allows this.
          >
          > Until Later!
          > C. Hatton Humphrey
          > http://www.eastcoastconservative.com
          >
          > No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of
          > electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
          >

          > On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Ken <kkliveradio@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I see alot of podcasts do dual streams, I would like to stream my shows
          > > over Sam Broadcaster and Talkshoe. I already have a talkshoe account and
          > am
          > > particularly interested in there new Skype options.
          > > Anybody doing or know how to do this, or can direct me in the right
          > > direction?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance.

          Dave Jackson