Re: Live Show ?Hardware help

  • Dave Mansueto
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2012
      In this circumstance, you could also probably use the aux send bus (usually used for effects) to send a mix that is different then the monitor mix and master output to the guest. This maybe could save you the need of a second mixer and/or monitor mixer. But that mackie solution sure does look nice!

      davem

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Derrick Young <derrickyoung95@...> wrote:

      > Thanks so Much Dave. I think i have this figured out with the information
      > you have provided. I think I need a combination of both options.
      >
      > using a mackie mixer or one with comparable features I can send my mic to
      > the monitor when muted. then a small headphone mixer on the ALT outs so if
      > i want to say rude comment about guest on phone i would just turn off their
      > monitor port. I think spending a little more on the headphone amp/mixer is
      > the key. the Mackie HMX-56 looks like a viable option
      >

      > On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM, Dave Mansueto <tacomancini@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Some mixers like Mackies have alternate routing. Like the mute buttons on
      > > the 1202 and up actually send the signal to a different set of outputs. So
      > > you put the primary left/rights out to your recorder, or the air, and you
      > > mute your mic, but bring it back into the monitors (yours and the hosts) by
      > > selecting both the main outs and alt 3/4 with the monitor selector. This
      > > was a Mackie first feature, that is often copied by other mixer companies.
      > >
      > > The other option is to buy a second mixer, a simple 4 channel cheapie
      > > behrenger would do. Then sub mix the monitor output from your primary mixer
      > > with your producer mic source and send that output to the headphone
      > > distribution amplifier.
      > >
      > > Dave M
      > >

      > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "derrick_young_95" <derrickyoung95@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > If this is not the right venue for this question or if the traffic on
      > > this group has dropped off, I would also appreciate any information on
      > > where might be a suitable place to ask this question.
      > > >
      > > > I have tried 2 local music stores that deal in pro audio and 2 ebay
      > > sellers but have yet to get any kind of useful answer
      > > >

      > > > Derrick
      > > >

      > > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "derrick_young_95" <derrickyoung95@>

      > > took to do the show was starting to get to us so we packed it for a year to
      > > get caught up on life. So we are now getting ready to relaunch the show but
      > > I am really looking to take the Audio quality and fix a few short comings
      > > we had previously.

      > > telephone is attached to the 3rd line and computer to the 4th line for
      > > bumpers, lead in and such.

      > > and sometimes contribute and add to the on air conversation. guest being
      > > being interviewed is on the phone (obviously).

      > > or the guest without it going on air.

      > > live in 20 seconds. Or if the guest is a flop I can say to the host Wrap
      > > things up this is a bust. But I still need to be able to talk on air if
      > > needed.

      > > So the host does not have a head set but I will be adding a 4 channel
      > > headset amp to rectify this part.

    • Jason
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2012
        Easy peezy... Yeti blue and abelton

        Sent from my iPad

        On Feb 6, 2012, at 7:06 PM, "Dave Mansueto" <tacomancini@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > I am really looking to take the Audio quality and fix a few short comings
        > > > we had previously.

        > > > telephone is attached to the 3rd line and computer to the 4th line for
        > > > bumpers, lead in and such.

        > > > and sometimes contribute and add to the on air conversation. guest being
        > > > being interviewed is on the phone (obviously).

        > > > or the guest without it going on air.

        > > > live in 20 seconds. Or if the guest is a flop I can say to the host Wrap
        > > > things up this is a bust. But I still need to be able to talk on air if
        > > > needed.

        > > > So the host does not have a head set but I will be adding a 4 channel
        > > > headset amp to rectify this part.

        > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
        > Adorable rescue dog becomes ad sensation
        > This lovable pup helped shed light on an important cause while making his debut in a Super Bowl ad.

      • Donald
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2012
          Dave,

          I believe you can achieve the same thing with the Behringer X1204USB
          using the source to Phone/Ctrl-Room settings

          Donald L.

          The Free COO <http://www.spreaker.com/show/the_free_coo>

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mansueto" <tacomancini@...>