Re: [podcasters] Re: Live Show ?Hardware help

  • Derrick Young
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
      Thanks so Much Dave. I think i have this figured out with the information
      you have provided. I think I need a combination of both options.

      using a mackie mixer or one with comparable features I can send my mic to
      the monitor when muted. then a small headphone mixer on the ALT outs so if
      i want to say rude comment about guest on phone i would just turn off their
      monitor port. I think spending a little more on the headphone amp/mixer is
      the key. the Mackie HMX-56 looks like a viable option

    • tapeleg
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2012
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Derrick Young <derrickyoung95@...> wrote:

        >... so if
        > i want to say rude comment about guest on phone i would just turn off their
        > monitor port.

        Just my two cents, but never, EVER say something around a microphone you wouldn't say to someone's face. I've seen it happen to too many people, where a switch the wrong way or a crossed wire gets someone in trouble. I'm sure this isn't the only reason you want this setup, but I read that comment, and thought, Uh oh. :)
      • Derrick Young
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2012
          I said that in jest.

          On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM, tapeleg <tapeleg@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Derrick Young <derrickyoung95@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > >... so if
          >
          > > i want to say rude comment about guest on phone i would just turn off
          > their
          > > monitor port.
          >
          > Just my two cents, but never, EVER say something around a microphone you
          > wouldn't say to someone's face. I've seen it happen to too many people,
          > where a switch the wrong way or a crossed wire gets someone in trouble. I'm
          > sure this isn't the only reason you want this setup, but I read that
          > comment, and thought, Uh oh. :)

        • Dave Mansueto
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2012
            In this circumstance, you could also probably use the aux send bus (usually used for effects) to send a mix that is different then the monitor mix and master output to the guest. This maybe could save you the need of a second mixer and/or monitor mixer. But that mackie solution sure does look nice!

            davem

          • Jason
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 6, 2012
              Easy peezy... Yeti blue and abelton

              Sent from my iPad

              On Feb 6, 2012, at 7:06 PM, "Dave Mansueto" <tacomancini@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > > I am really looking to take the Audio quality and fix a few short comings
              > > > we had previously.

              > > > telephone is attached to the 3rd line and computer to the 4th line for
              > > > bumpers, lead in and such.

              > > > and sometimes contribute and add to the on air conversation. guest being
              > > > being interviewed is on the phone (obviously).

              > > > or the guest without it going on air.

              > > > live in 20 seconds. Or if the guest is a flop I can say to the host Wrap
              > > > things up this is a bust. But I still need to be able to talk on air if
              > > > needed.

              > > > So the host does not have a head set but I will be adding a 4 channel
              > > > headset amp to rectify this part.

              > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
              > Adorable rescue dog becomes ad sensation
              > This lovable pup helped shed light on an important cause while making his debut in a Super Bowl ad.

            • Donald
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 8 10:16 AM
                Dave,

                I believe you can achieve the same thing with the Behringer X1204USB
                using the source to Phone/Ctrl-Room settings

                Donald L.

                The Free COO <http://www.spreaker.com/show/the_free_coo>

                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mansueto" <tacomancini@...>