Re: [podcasters] Mac Drivers for iRiver ifp 795?

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2012
      I have that iRiver - IFP-795 (?) I think. It stopped working under 10.5,
      but under 10.6 the iRiver Music Manager started to work again. Not sure
      why, but it extended the life of my unit for a couple of years now. Looks
      like iRiver Music Manager is broken again under 10.7 though.

      Here is a listing of the download for the iRiver Music Manager. Last Mac
      version shows 2005, though, but it might work.
      http://www.iriver.com/support/download_search_result.asp?product_name=&model_name=&category=&selectPart=All&findWord=iriver+music+manager&x=0&y=0

      DW

      On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM, RatbagMedia <ratbagradio@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I recently switched to Mac from pc but my iRiver mp3 recorder/player won't
      > connect to my system. But try as I might I cannot locate suitable drivers
      > online.
      >
      > Does anyone have a source for this? Suggestion? Way forward?
      >
      > dave riley

    • Steven
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2012
        The solution I did a while back was to setup Windows XP on my Mac using Virtual Box. I was able to get the files off my IFP-799 and then convert them to MP3 in Windows before copying them to my Mac. You do need a copy of WinXP (might work with Vista/Win7 but I don't know).