Re: [podcasters] Podcasting Trade Shows

  • Nobilis Reed
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2011
      On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Michael Sitarzewski
      <msitarzewski@...> wrote:
      > It's a fine line, isn't it? Is it fun, or is it business?
      >
      > You're right, most podcasters have the dream of making a six figure income from their hobby. Nothing's to say it's impossible, it just takes a lot of work. Work and hobby for most aren't the same thing yet. :)

      Wow, really? Every single podcaster I know, at least personally,
      would laugh uproariously at the idea of getting enough income to
      actually cover expenses, much less make a profit at it. If you're
      REALLY lucky, it's an expense that gets paid for out of a different
      stream, like writing or consulting.

      --
      Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or
      the airlock.
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 7, 2011
        If one is held right here in Denver, even I might be interested in attending (Fully clothed of course since I do a live video podcast that's currently not in the sig from my shower :) )

        Cheers :)

        Pat Cook
        HOST - The Political Rewrite Podcast - http://politicalrewritepodcast.blogspot.com/
        BLOG - The Political Rewrite - http://thepoliticalrewrite.blogspot.com/
        Englewood, CO

        TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
        FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Political-Opera-House-Podcast/126700177352576

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 7, 2011
          Even those who put in the work usually don't make a whole lot of $$$ from their hobby either after Uncle Sam gets his "Share" :(

          Cheers :)

          Pat Cook
          HOST - The Political Rewrite Podcast - http://politicalrewritepodcast.blogspot.com/
          BLOG - The Political Rewrite - http://thepoliticalrewrite.blogspot.com/
          Englewood, CO

          TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
          FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Political-Opera-House-Podcast/126700177352576

          It's a fine line, isn't it? Is it fun, or is it business?

          You're right, most podcasters have the dream of making a six figure income from their hobby. Nothing's to say it's impossible, it just takes a lot of work. Work and hobby for most aren't the same thing yet. :)

          I never had the pleasure of attending the earlier events, I was just thinking about what I'd like to see.

          Michael Sitarzewski
          http://friendmichael.com