Re: [podcasters] Can anyone help with iTunes code?

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      It will look something like this. This is for my podcast, so you need to go
      to iTunes and get the URL for your show. Find your show in iTunes. Under
      the "Subscribe" pop up menu you will find "Copy link" This is the iTunes
      link for your podcast. Replace my URL with yours in the HTML below.

      This code will fire up iTunes, take your listener to your show listing and
      ask them if they want to subscribe. It cannot force a subscribe, though.

      For my show...

      <A href="
      http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73330217">Subscribe
      using iTunes</A>

      For you...
      <A href="Place your iTunes URL here">Subscribe using iTunes</A>

      Douglas

      --
      New eBook: Cultivating Your Career
      Reputations<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C2C60C/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwritecom&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B006C2C60C&adid=0RKXS6MBK4SKY8C9W0W4&>by

      Kindle eBook now available - Read on any device

      On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM, zzippster <zzippster@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi from Weymouth, UK,
      > I am looking for a short line of code that I can send to listeners of my
      > podcast that will automatically fire up itunes and subscribe them. Is there
      > such a code?
      >
      > Thanks
      > P.S. I now have a free iPhone/iPad app available. Please contact me for
      > details.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Peter

    • Flyswatter
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
        If only we could force people to subscribe....
        --
        Laura Ross

        Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
        http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
        Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
        email: flyswatter@...
        Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
        Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/

        On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Douglas E. Welch <douglas@...>wrote:

        > It will look something like this. This is for my podcast, so you need to go
        > to iTunes and get the URL for your show. Find your show in iTunes. Under
        > the "Subscribe" pop up menu you will find "Copy link" This is the iTunes
        > link for your podcast. Replace my URL with yours in the HTML below.
        >
        > This code will fire up iTunes, take your listener to your show listing and
        > ask them if they want to subscribe. It cannot force a subscribe, though.
        >
        > For my show...
        >
        > <A href="
        > http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73330217
        > ">Subscribe
        > using iTunes</A>
        >
        > For you...
        > <A href="Place your iTunes URL here">Subscribe using iTunes</A>
        >
        > Douglas
        >
        > --
        > New eBook: Cultivating Your Career
        > Reputations<
        > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C2C60C/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwritecom&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B006C2C60C&adid=0RKXS6MBK4SKY8C9W0W4&
        > >by
        > Douglas E. Welch
        > Start your career right or make it even better!
        >
        > Kindle eBook now available - Read on any device
        >

        > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM, zzippster <zzippster@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi from Weymouth, UK,
        > > I am looking for a short line of code that I can send to listeners of my
        > > podcast that will automatically fire up itunes and subscribe them. Is
        > there
        > > such a code?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > P.S. I now have a free iPhone/iPad app available. Please contact me for
        > > details.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Peter

      • David Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
          Here ya go. I have this in my FAQ. Also talk about what style of link you
          should use.

          http://hosted.comm100.com/KnowledgeBase/Article.aspx?siteId=42197&id=255

          Dave Jackson
          Personal Podcast Coach