Can anyone help with iTunes code?

  • zzippster
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      Hi from Weymouth, UK,
      I am looking for a short line of code that I can send to listeners of my podcast that will automatically fire up itunes and subscribe them. Is there such a code?

      Thanks
      P.S. I now have a free iPhone/iPad app available. Please contact me for details.

      Thanks

      Peter
    • Douglas E. Welch
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
        It will look something like this. This is for my podcast, so you need to go
        to iTunes and get the URL for your show. Find your show in iTunes. Under
        the "Subscribe" pop up menu you will find "Copy link" This is the iTunes
        link for your podcast. Replace my URL with yours in the HTML below.

        This code will fire up iTunes, take your listener to your show listing and
        ask them if they want to subscribe. It cannot force a subscribe, though.

        For my show...

        <A href="
        http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73330217">Subscribe
        using iTunes</A>

        For you...
        <A href="Place your iTunes URL here">Subscribe using iTunes</A>

        Douglas

        --
        New eBook: Cultivating Your Career
        Reputations<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C2C60C/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwritecom&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B006C2C60C&adid=0RKXS6MBK4SKY8C9W0W4&>by

        Kindle eBook now available - Read on any device

        On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM, zzippster <zzippster@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi from Weymouth, UK,
        > I am looking for a short line of code that I can send to listeners of my
        > podcast that will automatically fire up itunes and subscribe them. Is there
        > such a code?
        >
        > Thanks
        > P.S. I now have a free iPhone/iPad app available. Please contact me for
        > details.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Peter

      • Flyswatter
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
          If only we could force people to subscribe....
          --
          Laura Ross

          Flyswatter Show podcast and blog
          http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter
          Voicemail: (678) 368-4935
          email: flyswatter@...
          Podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FlyswatterShow
          Blog feed: http://godlessradio.com/flyswatter/feed/

          On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Douglas E. Welch <douglas@...>wrote:

          > It will look something like this. This is for my podcast, so you need to go
          > to iTunes and get the URL for your show. Find your show in iTunes. Under
          > the "Subscribe" pop up menu you will find "Copy link" This is the iTunes
          > link for your podcast. Replace my URL with yours in the HTML below.
          >
          > This code will fire up iTunes, take your listener to your show listing and
          > ask them if they want to subscribe. It cannot force a subscribe, though.
          >
          > For my show...
          >
          > <A href="
          > http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73330217
          > ">Subscribe
          > using iTunes</A>
          >
          > For you...
          > <A href="Place your iTunes URL here">Subscribe using iTunes</A>
          >
          > Douglas
          >
          > --
          > New eBook: Cultivating Your Career
          > Reputations<
          > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C2C60C/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwritecom&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B006C2C60C&adid=0RKXS6MBK4SKY8C9W0W4&
          > >by
          > Douglas E. Welch
          > Start your career right or make it even better!
          >
          > Kindle eBook now available - Read on any device
          >

          > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM, zzippster <zzippster@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi from Weymouth, UK,
          > > I am looking for a short line of code that I can send to listeners of my
          > > podcast that will automatically fire up itunes and subscribe them. Is
          > there
          > > such a code?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > P.S. I now have a free iPhone/iPad app available. Please contact me for
          > > details.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Peter

        • David Jackson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
            Here ya go. I have this in my FAQ. Also talk about what style of link you
            should use.

            http://hosted.comm100.com/KnowledgeBase/Article.aspx?siteId=42197&id=255

            Dave Jackson
            Personal Podcast Coach