Re: [podcasters] Re: New Podcast.....

  • Pat Cook
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 31, 2011
      We're talking about shows which are PRE-RECORDED (Or in my case, live in video only) & then uploaded for download by others later

      What Talkshoe & BlogTalk Radio do is somewhat different.  They let you host the show live (At telephone quality) yet podcast the show at whatever bitrate you set (For example 128K)

      Because I can get on UStream (A live streaming video host) with their smartphone app, I'll be using them for the live presentation & then download the archive later from the site later & upload it to Pod-O-Matic for podcasting.  i'll extract the audio to make an audio only version for those who prefer that instead of video

      Hope this helps :)

      Cheers :D

      Pat Cook
      HOST - The Political Rewrite Podcast - http://politicalrewritepodcast.blogspot.com/
      BLOG - The Political Rewrite - http://thepoliticalrewrite.blogspot.com/
      Englewood, CO

      TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
      FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 31, 2011
        That's quite a workflow!

        Sent from my speedy iPhone 4S.

        On Oct 31, 2011, at 5:24 PM, Pat Cook <patsblogs@...> wrote:

        > We're talking about shows which are PRE-RECORDED (Or in my case, live in video only) & then uploaded for download by others later
        >
        > What Talkshoe & BlogTalk Radio do is somewhat different. They let you host the show live (At telephone quality) yet podcast the show at whatever bitrate you set (For example 128K)
        >
        > Because I can get on UStream (A live streaming video host) with their smartphone app, I'll be using them for the live presentation & then download the archive later from the site later & upload it to Pod-O-Matic for podcasting. i'll extract the audio to make an audio only version for those who prefer that instead of video
        >
        > Hope this helps :)
        >
        > Cheers :D
        >
        > Pat Cook
        > HOST - The Political Rewrite Podcast - http://politicalrewritepodcast.blogspot.com/
        > BLOG - The Political Rewrite - http://thepoliticalrewrite.blogspot.com/
        > Englewood, CO
        >
        > TWITTER - http://twitter.com/libconservative
        > FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/pages/leftyconservative/126700177352576
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Pat Cook
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 31, 2011
          Not really when you consider that UStream records your show for you & will save it online simply by giving it a title, description, tags, etc & then tapping a SAVE button

          Quite simple really.....

          Cheers :)

        • Ken Kennedy Lloyd
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 31, 2011
            I am not sure what you consider telephone quality perhaps your confusing things, talkshoe is used only has a link for i tunes and counting the downloads.  If you listen to one of my shows i assure you with skype and sam i achieve cd quality sound.  I also stream via u stream but have no need for their download tools.  Podamatic is also very expensive for the amount of data used in a 128kps 2 hour show.

          • David Jackson
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 31, 2011
              Podomatic is the devil. They lead you in with Free and then steal your feed
              by submitting it to iTunes for you (and have fun redirecting the feed when
              you eventually move because you figure out Libsyn or blubrry is better). If
              Blog Talk Radio has good quality option, why does every show I listen (as a
              downloaded podcast) sound horrible (at 32kps) why would someone choose to
              publish at such an awful bit rate?

              Dave Jackson
              www.schoolofpodcasting.com

              Dave Jackson