Re: [podcasters] Re: Getting attention from iTunes Podcast Support

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 29, 2011
      You could also manually replace the feed file for a short time with the iTunes redirect code until it switches I over. I have had to do it both ways in the past when moving from Feedburner.

      DW.

      --
      Douglas E. Welch
      New Media and Podcasting Consulting

      Looking for a job?
      See http://jobs.welchwrite.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
        Interesting, what's an itunes redirect code?

      • Douglas E. Welch
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
          The code is <itunes:new-feed-url>

          It only works for iTunes subscribers but moves them over to the new feed
          automatically the next time they access your existing feed. You will want
          to leave it in place for a week or more to ensure you capture as many
          subscribers as possible.

          More information can be found in this document.

          http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html

          DW
          *

          --
          Buy and Read Social Media Self
          Preservation<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QCCB86/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwritecom&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B005QCCB86&adid=1KEXRYRC8HGHG7AKMEPA>

          Kindle eBook now available - Read on any device

          *

        • Calvin Powers
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 31, 2011
            Thanks for the info!