Re: [podcasters] Re: Getting attention from iTunes Podcast Support

  • David Jackson
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 29, 2011
      If you're using the Blubrry powerpress plugin, you can use that to redirect
      iTunes to your new feed.

      Dave Jackson
      Personal Podcast Coach
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com

      --
      Dave Jackson

    • Douglas E. Welch
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 29, 2011
        You could also manually replace the feed file for a short time with the iTunes redirect code until it switches I over. I have had to do it both ways in the past when moving from Feedburner.

        DW.

        --
        Douglas E. Welch
        New Media and Podcasting Consulting

        Looking for a job?
        See http://jobs.welchwrite.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
          Interesting, what's an itunes redirect code?

        • Douglas E. Welch
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
            The code is <itunes:new-feed-url>

            It only works for iTunes subscribers but moves them over to the new feed
            automatically the next time they access your existing feed. You will want
            to leave it in place for a week or more to ensure you capture as many
            subscribers as possible.

            More information can be found in this document.

            http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html

            DW
            *

            --
            Buy and Read Social Media Self
            Preservation<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QCCB86/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwritecom&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B005QCCB86&adid=1KEXRYRC8HGHG7AKMEPA>

            Kindle eBook now available - Read on any device

            *

          • Calvin Powers
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 31, 2011
              Thanks for the info!