Getting attention from iTunes Podcast Support

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2011
      Anyone have any idea how to get attention from the support folks at iTunes?
      I've been trying for months to change the input RSS Feed for my listing in
      the iTunes directory. The only method I've seen documented on their sit is
      to go to your show's page on iTunes and click the "Report A Concern" link.
      I've done this many times, telling them I what I want to do and giving them
      all of my contact information and information they would need to verify me.
      But I've never heard a peep back from them.

      Anyone have any other suggestions on how to get through to them?

      Calvin

    • Nobilis Reed
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 2011
        I'd say show up at the office with a few dozen boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts
        and a massage table.

        On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Anyone have any idea how to get attention from the support folks at iTunes?
        > I've been trying for months to change the input RSS Feed for my listing in
        > the iTunes directory. The only method I've seen documented on their sit is
        > to go to your show's page on iTunes and click the "Report A Concern" link.
        > I've done this many times, telling them I what I want to do and giving them
        > all of my contact information and information they would need to verify me.
        > But I've never heard a peep back from them.
        >
        > Anyone have any other suggestions on how to get through to them?
        >
        > Calvin

        Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
        airlock.
        http://www.nobiliserotica.com
      • Calvin Powers
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 28, 2011
          I'd actually consider doing that if I wasn't on the other end of the
          continent.

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 28, 2011
            The only people I've known who have gotten support from iTunes have either
            had friends on the inside, or have been VERY large content providers, like
            NPR.

            --
            Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
            airlock.
            http://www.nobiliserotica.com
          • Patrick McNa...
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 29, 2011
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:

              > The only people I've known who have gotten support from iTunes have either
              > had friends on the inside, or have been VERY large content providers, like
              > NPR.

              It use to be that one needed to be on iTunes to get attention but now there's just so many podcasts on iTunes (probably over a million) that it doesn't make a difference anymore, at least for a new podcast. It's still handy for users to be able to subscribe though iTunes but I wouldn't expect many people to find the podcast using iTunes.

              I think about all you can do is to check your feed for any possible problems, making sure things such as your icon is sized right, and just wait to see if the problem resolves itself.
            • David Jackson
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 29, 2011
                If you're using the Blubrry powerpress plugin, you can use that to redirect
                iTunes to your new feed.

                Dave Jackson
                Personal Podcast Coach
                www.schoolofpodcasting.com

                On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Patrick McNa... <writerpatrick@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Nobilis Reed <authornobilis@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > The only people I've known who have gotten support from iTunes have
                > either
                > > had friends on the inside, or have been VERY large content providers,
                > like
                > > NPR.
                > >

                > It use to be that one needed to be on iTunes to get attention but now
                > there's just so many podcasts on iTunes (probably over a million) that it
                > doesn't make a difference anymore, at least for a new podcast. It's still
                > handy for users to be able to subscribe though iTunes but I wouldn't expect
                > many people to find the podcast using iTunes.
                >
                > I think about all you can do is to check your feed for any possible
                > problems, making sure things such as your icon is sized right, and just wait
                > to see if the problem resolves itself.

                --
                Dave Jackson

              • Douglas E. Welch
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 29, 2011
                  You could also manually replace the feed file for a short time with the iTunes redirect code until it switches I over. I have had to do it both ways in the past when moving from Feedburner.

                  DW.

                  --
                  Douglas E. Welch
                  New Media and Podcasting Consulting

                  Looking for a job?
                  See http://jobs.welchwrite.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
                    Interesting, what's an itunes redirect code?

                  • Douglas E. Welch
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
                      The code is <itunes:new-feed-url>

                      It only works for iTunes subscribers but moves them over to the new feed
                      automatically the next time they access your existing feed. You will want
                      to leave it in place for a week or more to ensure you capture as many
                      subscribers as possible.

                      More information can be found in this document.

                      http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html

                      DW
                      *

                      --
                      Buy and Read Social Media Self
                      Preservation<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QCCB86/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwritecom&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B005QCCB86&adid=1KEXRYRC8HGHG7AKMEPA>

                      Kindle eBook now available - Read on any device

                      *

                    • Calvin Powers
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 31, 2011
                        Thanks for the info!