Dropping out (was Re: Recommendations...)

  • C. Hatton Humphrey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2011
      Dan -

      I am not sure what is causing the dropouts, I don't have a compressor but it
      may be that I am overdriving the mic. I will try pulling back the gain a bit
      and see if that helps.

      It could also be that I have too much going on my computer. During the
      recording session I have the browser with the articles, a chat window,
      X-Lite and Second Life all running. This hasn't happened in the past but
      there may be something that I am missing.

      My set up is relatively simple. I have a Behringer 1204 USB mixer with a XLR
      mic and the audio out of my computer on two channels with the USB feeding
      audio back in to X-Lite. I don't get drops when I DJ (streaming audio into
      Second Life on a Shoucast stream) so the issue might be at the recording
      side with TalkShoe.

      Until Later!
      Hatton