Re: [podcasters] Recoreder

  • Dan Hughes
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7 6:32 AM
      Are the recordings for reference, or will they be aired? If they will be
      aired, you might want a recorder that allows you to plug in an external mic,
      which usually gives you better sound than a built-in mic.

      I use this setup:

      http://danhughes.net/podcasting/2micsetup.htm

      This gives both me and my subject a mic, and I end up with a stereo
      recording. I can edit out coughs from one track while leaving the other
      untouched, or raise or lower the volume on one track without affecting the
      other. Makes for a much more professional-sounding recording than using a
      single-mic recorder.

      ---Dan

      On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:22 AM, ZakRhyno <zakrhyno@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > What is a good recorder to be out and about recording interviews?

      Best,

      ---Dan
      http://danhughes.net
      http://danhughesbooks.com
      http://treasuremanual.com
      http://slowpitchbook.com
      http://danhughesautographs.com
      http://thetreasurecorner.com
      http://thesoftballcorner.com
      http://radiofun.info

    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7 8:00 AM
        From: "Dan Hughes"

        > Are the recordings for reference, or will they be aired? If they will be
        > aired, you might want a recorder that allows you to plug in an external
        > mic,
        > which usually gives you better sound than a built-in mic.
        >
        > This gives both me and my subject a mic, and I end up with a stereo
        > recording. I can edit out coughs from one track while leaving the other
        > untouched, or raise or lower the volume on one track without affecting the
        > other. Makes for a much more professional-sounding recording than using a
        > single-mic recorder.

        The Zoom H2, H2n and H1 all have at *least* two mics on-board, and they all
        have jacks for external mics.

        Richard Amirault
        Boston, MA, USA
        http://n1jdu.org