Re: [podcasters] Recoreder

  • Richard Amirault
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
      From: "Richard Amirault"

      OR .. the Zoom H1, at half the price, would work as well.
      http://www.samsontech.com/zoom/products/handheld-audio-recorders/h1/

      Richard Amirault
      Boston, MA, USA
      http://n1jdu.org
      http://bostonfandom.org
    • Dan Hughes
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
        Are the recordings for reference, or will they be aired? If they will be
        aired, you might want a recorder that allows you to plug in an external mic,
        which usually gives you better sound than a built-in mic.

        I use this setup:

        http://danhughes.net/podcasting/2micsetup.htm

        This gives both me and my subject a mic, and I end up with a stereo
        recording. I can edit out coughs from one track while leaving the other
        untouched, or raise or lower the volume on one track without affecting the
        other. Makes for a much more professional-sounding recording than using a
        single-mic recorder.

        ---Dan

        On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:22 AM, ZakRhyno <zakrhyno@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > What is a good recorder to be out and about recording interviews?

        Best,

        ---Dan
        http://danhughes.net
        http://danhughesbooks.com
        http://treasuremanual.com
        http://slowpitchbook.com
        http://danhughesautographs.com
        http://thetreasurecorner.com
        http://thesoftballcorner.com
        http://radiofun.info

      • Richard Amirault
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
          From: "Dan Hughes"

          > Are the recordings for reference, or will they be aired? If they will be
          > aired, you might want a recorder that allows you to plug in an external
          > mic,
          > which usually gives you better sound than a built-in mic.
          >
          > This gives both me and my subject a mic, and I end up with a stereo
          > recording. I can edit out coughs from one track while leaving the other
          > untouched, or raise or lower the volume on one track without affecting the
          > other. Makes for a much more professional-sounding recording than using a
          > single-mic recorder.

          The Zoom H2, H2n and H1 all have at *least* two mics on-board, and they all
          have jacks for external mics.

          Richard Amirault
          Boston, MA, USA
          http://n1jdu.org