Re: [podcasters] Recoreder

  • Richard Amirault
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
      From: "David Jackson"

      > The Zoom H2 has some nice built in microphones, has a line input, and can
      > be
      > used as a usb device. I have a Roland R-05. I chose the roland as it has
      > screen I can read.

      The Zoom H2 has been replace with a newer model, the Zoom H2n
      http://www.samsontech.com/zoom/products/handheld-audio-recorders/h2n/

      Richard Amirault
      Boston, MA, USA
      http://n1jdu.org
      http://bostonfandom.org
    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
        From: "Richard Amirault"

        OR .. the Zoom H1, at half the price, would work as well.
        http://www.samsontech.com/zoom/products/handheld-audio-recorders/h1/

        Richard Amirault
        Boston, MA, USA
        http://n1jdu.org
        http://bostonfandom.org
      • Dan Hughes
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
          Are the recordings for reference, or will they be aired? If they will be
          aired, you might want a recorder that allows you to plug in an external mic,
          which usually gives you better sound than a built-in mic.

          I use this setup:

          http://danhughes.net/podcasting/2micsetup.htm

          This gives both me and my subject a mic, and I end up with a stereo
          recording. I can edit out coughs from one track while leaving the other
          untouched, or raise or lower the volume on one track without affecting the
          other. Makes for a much more professional-sounding recording than using a
          single-mic recorder.

          ---Dan

          On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:22 AM, ZakRhyno <zakrhyno@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > What is a good recorder to be out and about recording interviews?

          Best,

          ---Dan
          http://danhughes.net
          http://danhughesbooks.com
          http://treasuremanual.com
          http://slowpitchbook.com
          http://danhughesautographs.com
          http://thetreasurecorner.com
          http://thesoftballcorner.com
          http://radiofun.info

        • Richard Amirault
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2011
            From: "Dan Hughes"

            > Are the recordings for reference, or will they be aired? If they will be
            > aired, you might want a recorder that allows you to plug in an external
            > mic,
            > which usually gives you better sound than a built-in mic.
            >
            > This gives both me and my subject a mic, and I end up with a stereo
            > recording. I can edit out coughs from one track while leaving the other
            > untouched, or raise or lower the volume on one track without affecting the
            > other. Makes for a much more professional-sounding recording than using a
            > single-mic recorder.

            The Zoom H2, H2n and H1 all have at *least* two mics on-board, and they all
            have jacks for external mics.

            Richard Amirault
            Boston, MA, USA
            http://n1jdu.org