Re: [podcasters] Re: Newbie/playing other artists content

  • Michael Johnson
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 5, 2011
      There is good news though. Artists and labels need reviews. Press is very important and bands usually spend a lot of time trying to get people to review their album. So if you wrote something like this to an artist or label they will probably be glad to provide you with what you need.

      Hello, My name is (Blank) from (Name of show). On our show we review albums and will be reviewing your album: (Name of album) on one of our upcoming episodes. In addition to the review we usually like to play a sample of the music for our listeners. Would you be willing to grant us permission to play a sample of some of the songs from (name of album) for our upcoming review blah blah blah.....

      As a part owner of a small record label I know I would jump on it.

      Michael J
      Cross Campus Ministry Podcast