Live outside broadcast

  • cianmacmahon
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2011
      Hey there.

      As well as a podcaster, I'm the technical manager my college radio station, Ireland's most successful and most award winning.

      We are looking into going all-out this year, since we are being given a fair bit of funding thanks to our successful year.

      One thing in particular we are looking into is a way of doing outside broadcasts while going live. We need a way to send a whole lot of audio to our studio, and then have it go live. The main issue here is that we need a way to get the audio reliably from our outside broadcast location to our studio. Does anybody have any suggestions? We considered Skype, but decided that the quality wasn't reliable enough. Does anybody have any experience using something like Ventrillo for this kind of thing?

      Thanks for any suggestions
      Cian
    • Michael Sitarzewski
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2011
        See if these guys will sponsor you:

        http://www.liveu.tv/

        On Aug 27, 2011, at 2:48 PM, cianmacmahon wrote:

        > Hey there.
        >
        > As well as a podcaster, I'm the technical manager my college radio station, Ireland's most successful and most award winning.
        >
        > We are looking into going all-out this year, since we are being given a fair bit of funding thanks to our successful year.
        >
        > One thing in particular we are looking into is a way of doing outside broadcasts while going live. We need a way to send a whole lot of audio to our studio, and then have it go live. The main issue here is that we need a way to get the audio reliably from our outside broadcast location to our studio. Does anybody have any suggestions? We considered Skype, but decided that the quality wasn't reliable enough. Does anybody have any experience using something like Ventrillo for this kind of thing?
        >
        > Thanks for any suggestions
        > Cian

      • Cian Mac Mahon
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
          I saw these in operation last Dragon*Con! They were pretty damn cool, I'm not going to lie.

          I somehow doubt they'd help out an Irish student radio station though, no matter how many accolades we'd received. I might give it a long shot, anyway.
        • Dennis De Jarnette
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
            I have used ventrillo in gaming, Skype is betterĀ
            Positive Dennis