Re: [podcasters] Re: splitting stereo to mono?

  • Bill Kearney
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7, 2011
      Any way to simply mash the two together? As in, just drag-and-drop a bunch
      of files onto a program and have it do the work? Or at least be able to
      select a batch of files and have them done without user intervention?

      I ask because I've got a number of tracks that need to be played back on a
      device that's mono-only. It'd be handy to have a program that converted the
      stereo tracks into mono without having to do any editing.

      -Bill Kearney

      You can split the stereo file into two mono files with Audacity, then import
      them into GarageBand on two separate tracks. Here is a tutorial on how to
      split the audio:

      http://www.podgeek.com/2011/03/splitting-stereo-audio-in-audacity/
    • Gwen Orel
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2011
        OK, in my case it won't open mp4. I downloaded the library to export as mp3 but my mac isn't finding it. and now when I have it play a wav, there's no sound. argh.