GarageBand help to work with OSX 10.3

  • zzippster
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5, 2011
      Hi! Can anybody assist with this? I want to use GarageBand on my Mac 10.3 and wondered where I could find a copy to try. Any free downloads? I know it's an old model but at the moment I use Audacity and I am losing flexibility.

      Thanks all.
      Peter

      Shownotes: Http://www.Zzipp.podomatic.com
      Email: zzippshow@...
    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 5, 2011
        There's no free trial version of Garageband that I'm aware of. I don't know
        what versions of iLife are supported on 10.3 but if I were you, I'd figure
        that out and then search for the latest compatible version on eBay. You'll
        probably be able to find one that's not too expensive.

        --
        -Shawn Thorpe
        http://shawn.mx/

      • valiantcam
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
          Hi There, I have used a free online audio editing called Aviary. Have you heard of it? Aviary has similar functionality to garageband.

          You can see it here

          http://www.aviary.com/

          Please let me know how you go.

          Cam

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

          > There's no free trial version of Garageband that I'm aware of. I don't know
          > what versions of iLife are supported on 10.3 but if I were you, I'd figure
          > that out and then search for the latest compatible version on eBay. You'll
          > probably be able to find one that's not too expensive.
          >
          > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM, zzippster <zzippster@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hi! Can anybody assist with this? I want to use GarageBand on my Mac 10.3
          > > and wondered where I could find a copy to try. Any free downloads? I know
          > > it's an old model but at the moment I use Audacity and I am losing
          > > flexibility.
          > >
          > > Thanks all.
          > > Peter
          > >
          > > Shownotes: Http://www.Zzipp.podomatic.com
          > > Email: zzippshow@...
          > >

          > --
          > -Shawn Thorpe
          > http://shawn.mx/
          > http://geminidragon.tv/

        • valiantcam
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
            Hi You can try Aviary at

            aviary.com

            or you can try using a free virtual online desk top. I have seen a presentation on these but have no experience. Apparently what they do is let you use software which is stored on the web from any machine.

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

            > There's no free trial version of Garageband that I'm aware of. I don't know
            > what versions of iLife are supported on 10.3 but if I were you, I'd figure
            > that out and then search for the latest compatible version on eBay. You'll
            > probably be able to find one that's not too expensive.
            >
            > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM, zzippster <zzippster@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi! Can anybody assist with this? I want to use GarageBand on my Mac 10.3
            > > and wondered where I could find a copy to try. Any free downloads? I know
            > > it's an old model but at the moment I use Audacity and I am losing
            > > flexibility.
            > >
            > > Thanks all.
            > > Peter
            > >
            > > Shownotes: Http://www.Zzipp.podomatic.com
            > > Email: zzippshow@...
            > >

            > --
            > -Shawn Thorpe
            > http://shawn.mx/
            > http://geminidragon.tv/

          • Shawn Thorpe
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
              Myna is the audio editor available through Aviary. I tried it when it first
              came out. It's not bad for what it is. I don't know that I'd want to produce
              an entire album on it, though.

              On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:39 AM, valiantcam <valiantcam@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi You can try Aviary at
              >
              > aviary.com
              >
              > or you can try using a free virtual online desk top. I have seen a
              > presentation on these but have no experience. Apparently what they do is let
              > you use software which is stored on the web from any machine.
              >

              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > There's no free trial version of Garageband that I'm aware of. I don't
              > know
              > > what versions of iLife are supported on 10.3 but if I were you, I'd
              > figure
              > > that out and then search for the latest compatible version on eBay.
              > You'll
              > > probably be able to find one that's not too expensive.
              > >
              > > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM, zzippster <zzippster@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > **
              > > >

              > > > Hi! Can anybody assist with this? I want to use GarageBand on my Mac
              > 10.3
              > > > and wondered where I could find a copy to try. Any free downloads? I
              > know
              > > > it's an old model but at the moment I use Audacity and I am losing
              > > > flexibility.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks all.
              > > > Peter
              > > >
              > > > Shownotes: Http://www.Zzipp.podomatic.com
              > > > Email: zzippshow@...
              >

              > > --
              > > -Shawn Thorpe
              > > http://shawn.mx/
              > > http://geminidragon.tv/

              -Shawn Thorpe
              http://shawn.mx/
              http://geminidragon.tv/

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                Is there a GarageBand version for Windows? Or what would works for windows
                other then Audacity, don't like that software.

              • Mike Johnson
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                  What is it that you are trying to do?

                  Mike J

                  On Aug 6, 2011, at 6:19 PM, Zak Rhyno <zakrhyno@...> wrote:

                  > Is there a GarageBand version for Windows? Or what would works for windows
                  > other then Audacity, don't like that software.

                • Zak Rhyno
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                    Podcast of course! :D

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                      There's no Garageband for Windows. There are certainly plenty of audio
                      editing/production programs for Windows, though. For example, a friend of
                      mine uses a program called Wavepad and he really likes it. I haven't done
                      much audio work under Windows so I don't have any specific recommendations.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                        There are a ton of windows based programs. Just depends on your budget

                        Mike J

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                          Care to share some? I mean I like to have options so please do list some if
                          you don't mind. High and low ends. :)

                          On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Mike Johnson <serviceyourac@...>wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > There are a ton of windows based programs. Just depends on your budget
                          >
                          > Mike J
                          >

                          > On Aug 6, 2011, at 8:54 PM, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > There's no Garageband for Windows. There are certainly plenty of audio
                          > > editing/production programs for Windows, though. For example, a friend of
                          > > mine uses a program called Wavepad and he really likes it. I haven't done
                          > > much audio work under Windows so I don't have any specific
                          > recommendations.
                          > >
                          > > On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Zak Rhyno <zakrhyno@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > >> **
                          > >>

                          > >> Is there a GarageBand version for Windows? Or what would works for
                          > windows
                          > >> other then Audacity, don't like that software.

                          > > -Shawn Thorpe
                          > > http://shawn.mx/
                          > > http://geminidragon.tv/

                        • Dan Hughes
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                            On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Zak Rhyno <zakrhyno@...> wrote:
                            ... please do list some if you don't mind. High and low ends. :)

                            I'll leave the high end to others, here is the low end:

                            http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-free-digital-audio-editors/

                            Best,

                            ---Dan
                            http://danhughes.net
                            http://danhughesbooks.com
                            http://treasuremanual.com
                            http://slowpitchbook.com
                            http://danhughesautographs.com
                            http://thetreasurecorner.com
                            http://thesoftballcorner.com
                            http://radiofun.info

                            --

                            <http://radiofun.info>

                          • andrew clarke
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 14, 2011
                              Kristal Audio Engine is worth a look. It's free for non-commercial use.

                              http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/