Re: [podcasters] Re: Bluehost?

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 22 , May 17, 2011
      I never heard back from apple either, just for the record.
      Calvin

      On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Michael Sitarzewski <msitarzewski@...
      > wrote:

      > Someone I know just went through this, and was unable to have it changed.
      >
      > Maybe it's like any other customer service - it just depends on who you
      > get?
      >
      > If you don't like the answer, "call back." :)
      >
      > Michael. :)
      >
      > On May 17, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:
      >
      > > I dug around the apple forums about this issue and read that you should
      > go
      > > to your podcasts page in iTunes and click the "report a concern" button.
      > > Then eneter in the form a message saying you are the owner of the podcast
      > > and that you need to change the URL of the feed.
      > >
      > > Calvin
      > >
      > > On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:22 PM, tapeleg
      > > <tapeleg@...>wrote:
      > >
      > > > This was before I started podcasting. If you are using feedburner for
      > your
      > > > feed, you should be fine, since you will just tell your feedburner feed
      > > > look at the podcast feed for your new site. If not, iTunes does have a
      > > > provision for changing your feed, although I don't know what it is off
      > the
      > > > top of my head. This may help:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html
      > > >
      > > > As for a test, you could set up a wordpress.com account (it's like
      > blogger
      > > > in that it's a free service, but uses WordPress to run it), and try it
      > > > there.

      > own
      > > > computer.

    • Gwen Orel
      Message 2 of 22 , May 17, 2011
        I'm here to tell you though that while they mean well they are not the most efficient people. One team will fix it and then another will unfix it.

        I know whatever I do I don't want to mess around with my feed again-- but my issues were slightly different. I think I can keep the feedburner feed even if I end up switching to wordpress. My issue was that my feedburner feed was the whole blog, and the podcast episodes as a result weren't properly archived by itunes. I created a second feed just for the podcasts, using a blogger tab, and that works like a charm.

        It does mean if anyone on itunes goes to the link, they are sent just to the page of podcasts, not the home page, but the tabs are there so if they want to know more they can.

        On May 17, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

        > I dug around the apple forums about this issue and read that you should go
        > to your podcasts page in iTunes and click the "report a concern" button.
        > Then eneter in the form a message saying you are the owner of the podcast
        > and that you need to change the URL of the feed.
        >
        > Calvin
        >
        > On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:22 PM, tapeleg
        > <tapeleg@...>wrote:
        >
        > > This was before I started podcasting. If you are using feedburner for your
        > > feed, you should be fine, since you will just tell your feedburner feed to
        > > look at the podcast feed for your new site. If not, iTunes does have a
        > > provision for changing your feed, although I don't know what it is off the
        > > top of my head. This may help:
        > >
        > > http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html
        > >
        > > As for a test, you could set up a wordpress.com account (it's like blogger
        > > in that it's a free service, but uses WordPress to run it), and try it
        > > there.
        > >
        > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Gwen Orel <gwenorel@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > How did it affect your podcast feed?
        > > >
        > > > most of the stuff are links, a very few are uploaded directly from my own
        > > computer.
        > > >
        > > > Is there a way to do a test transfer without going live?

      • tapeleg
        Message 3 of 22 , May 17, 2011
          Apple has much better things to do than to fix the problems with podcaster's feeds. If they took the time to fix everyone's issues (most of which are self-imposed), they wouldn't have time for much else. I think they could make things a little easier, like making a real setting and set up page for podcast owners, where they could just plug in a new feed (and validate that feed within iTunes), but for something they aren't making any money on, they don't do that poorly with podcasts.