Re: Aaaah, you know what I mean, you know

  • tapeleg
    Message 1 of 8 , May 17 7:53 AM
      What are you using for editing? Maybe you need to just leave the mic on, and use a downward expander effect / plugin on your track. A downward expander will lower the volume when you aren't talking, and therefor lower the volume of the hum (is the hum coming from the room or the gear?). It works like a gate, only much less harsh.

      If you could let us know what your setup is, from start to finish, including the software you use for editing, that might help. Are you using a USB headset? Plugging into the 1/8" jacks on the computer? USB I/O box?