Re: [podcasters] Headset mics for live events

  • Father Spoon
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2011
      The problem with a corded mic is that they will be drinking and talking so
      at some point they'll be putting down and picking up a mic. I thought of a
      lav but for the sake of cable management (i dont usually have much room to
      work as it is) I would prefer a headset. Plus with a lav I picked up them
      swallowing before and that is just disturbing

> [...]

    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2011
        From: "Father Spoon"

        > The problem with a corded mic is that they will be drinking and talking so
        > at some point they'll be putting down and picking up a mic. I thought of
        > lav but for the sake of cable management (i dont usually have much room to
        > work as it is) I would prefer a headset. Plus with a lav I picked up them
        > swallowing before and that is just disturbing

        Yes, but .... it's a *lot* easier to drink with a lav than it is with a
        headset ;-)

        Richard Amirault
        Boston, MA, USA
        http://n1jdu.org