also, if shifting to own domain, will podcast link still work?

  • Gwen Orel
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2011
      I am thinking of going to dreamhost so my domain can be newyorkirisharts.com and not newyorkirisharts.blogspot.com

      question: will this make the weblink on itunes not work?

      On May 5, 2011, at 2:16 PM, Douglas E. Welch wrote:

      > I believe you enter that email on Feedburner under Optimize, SmartCast.
      >
      > Look down the page for Podcast Author Email address.
      >
      > There used to be an issue with Feedburner and Google not having an email
      > address (hence the noreply@...) but I vaguely remember them fixing
      > it with this option.
      > *
      > *
      > *DEW*
      > *
      > *
      > *--*
      > *Douglas E. Welch*
      > *"Helping with all your technology and New Media needs"*
      > Web: http://DouglasEWelch.com -- Email: me@...
      >
      > Find career opportunities from around the US at jobs.welchwrite.com
      >

      > On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Gwen Orel <gwenorel@...> wrote:
      >

      >> I can SEE the xml feed but can't figure out how to alter it. I successfully
      >> resubmitted my podcast to itunes and now it only shows the podcasts and all
      >> six are there. the only trouble is that it has the reply as
      >> noreply@.... I can see just where that is in the xml but it won't
      >> let me in to fix it. anyone?

    • Michael Sitarzewski
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2011
        It is the SmartCast feature. You can tell Feedburner to ping your original feed - that should generate a completely refreshed feed with the iTunes:Owner and managingEditor email filled in correctly.

        If you're on a Mac, you can do this in the Terminal:

        curl -O http://feeds.feedburner.com/feedname?1

        and it'll download the RSS directly. You can open that in a text editor and poke around.