Re: [podcasters] Playing Audio over Skype to others

  • Nobilis Reed
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 6:40 PM
      Try a Skype plugin called "Pamela" and see if that does the job for you.

      --
      Stories that don't stop at the bedroom door - or the castle gate - or the
      airlock.
    • clay.dugger
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 4:39 AM
        If you are only using the one computer, "Pamela" may work. I haven't tried it.

        The problem I have is that Skype won't stream audio that the computer plays.

        I solved the problem with lots of equipment.

        I have:
        My netbook that I use for Skype.

        An Alesis 4 channel USB mixer. This goes into the netbook. All audio comes out of and in through this.

        An iPad (although you can use anything), lined into the mixer.

        A desktop PC. A line from the headphone jack on the mixer goes to the mic jack for recording. I use a splitter so I can also run my headphones.

        This allows me to play audio on the iPad directly into the Skype stream. All parties hear the audio at the same time.

        NOTE: Do some testing with your caller BEFORE you begin your show. I find that the iPad audio is either way too loud, or way too soft on the caller's end.

        Be prepared for some post-work with this setup.