Re: [podcasters] Breathing

  • Jonathon_M_Johnson@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 22, 2011
      Spot on Steve...

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Stephen Eley" <SFEley@...>
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:38:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] Breathing

      On Apr 21, 2011, at 12:29 AM, Gwen wrote:

      > Since I also speak into it that does not help as you can hear it when it gets moved!!
      > It is interview format.
      >
      > No other suggestions????

      Don't dismiss the advice so quickly -- Nobilis has it exactly right. You don't need to keep moving the microphone. Place it just slightly above the level of your mouth -- so that it's between your upper lip and your nose -- and leave it there. It'll still pick your voice up perfectly well, but the air from your breathing won't be blowing directly against it. (If you tend to breathe from your nose more and you find that that's a problem, putting it just below the mouth instead would also work.)

      Give it a try. Do some quick sample recordings with the mic in different positions, saying a few words and some long pauses while you breathe normally. Then listen to the recordings. You'll soon get a sense of the right placement for you.

      > __

      Have Fun,
      Steve Eley