Libsyn or alternatives for stats?

  • markglaser
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hi all,
      I had been using Feedburner to run my RSS feed for my podcast, but wasn't satisfied with the statistics. They show you just one number that didn't break down number of plays, subscribers or anything with any detail.

      So I paid $15/month for Libsyn on the recommendation of my tech guy. First, the image serving was a problem, and it still hasn't worked correctly when ported to iTunes. Then, when I saw the stats, it was again just one number. No breakdown of plays, downloads and subscribers. How is it possible that the leading podcast host service doesn't even tell you the number of podcast subscribers you have?

      I am confused and am hoping you all have some suggestions on alternative services. I'm considering SoundCloud but it's expensive for very little podcasts hosted per year. And what happened to Podtrac?

      Any clues or leads would be appreciated!
      Cheers,
      Mark
      PBS MediaShift
    • David Jackson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
        When you go to libsyn, login, click on stats at the top, scroll down you
        will see a number for your downloads per episode. Click on the magnifying
        glass next to the item name (far left) and it will break down all the stats
        for that episode. Libsyn stats are great.

        As for other stats. Blubrry.com has stats, and podtrac is still around.

        Dave Jackson
        www.podcastmechanic.com
        www.schoolofpodcasting.com

        --
        Dave Jackson

      • podcast411
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
          Mark,

          If you upgrade to the $20 a month plan you get more detailed stats showing a break down on where the downloads are coming from by Country, State and even City area (DMA). Plus you can also see a break down by user agent (iTunes, Zune, Miro...)

          Regards,

          Rob W
          Wizzard / Libsyn
        • Gwen
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2011
            I get pretty good stats on blogger.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Apr 3, 2011, at 1:22 PM, "podcast411" <news@...> wrote:

            > Mark,
            >
            > If you upgrade to the $20 a month plan you get more detailed stats showing a break down on where the downloads are coming from by Country, State and even City area (DMA). Plus you can also see a break down by user agent (iTunes, Zune, Miro...)
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Rob W
            > Wizzard / Libsyn

          • Todd Cochrane
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
              Mark

              Our stats are used by nearly 8,000 podcasters and are in my opinion the
              best in the media space. If you would like our commercial stats you can
              sign up at http://store.rawvoice.com/podcast-statistics-premium/ $8.00 a
              month of $75.00 a year. We have free stats for non commercial shows at
              Blubrry.com all you need to do is list your show and you can start using
              our system today. We also help shows monetize with nearly a 1000 podcast
              on ad deals at any given time.

              We are in the middle of our biggest update to the stats service in 3
              years and have some fantastic new features in the pipeline that should
              start coming out in early May.. You do not have to be hosting with us
              and the premium package starts at $5.00 a month on blubrry.com for
              members there.

              We are also a third party stats provider for most of the podcast
              networks in the space today for their advertising campaigns.

              Todd...

              On 4/2/2011 11:39 AM, markglaser wrote:

              > Hi all,
              > I had been using Feedburner to run my RSS feed for my podcast, but
              > wasn't satisfied with the statistics. They show you just one number
              > that didn't break down number of plays, subscribers or anything with
              > any detail.
              >
              > So I paid $15/month for Libsyn on the recommendation of my tech guy.
              > First, the image serving was a problem, and it still hasn't worked
              > correctly when ported to iTunes. Then, when I saw the stats, it was
              > again just one number. No breakdown of plays, downloads and
              > subscribers. How is it possible that the leading podcast host service
              > doesn't even tell you the number of podcast subscribers you have?
              >
              > I am confused and am hoping you all have some suggestions on
              > alternative services. I'm considering SoundCloud but it's expensive
              > for very little podcasts hosted per year. And what happened to Podtrac?
              >
              > Any clues or leads would be appreciated!
              > Cheers,
              > Mark
              > PBS MediaShift

            • markglaser
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 8, 2011
                Thanks, Todd, will give it a shot, as we are a non-commercial podcast run through PBS.
                Cheers,
                Mark