Re: Stumped

  • Art
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2011
      Yep, resyncing did the trick! I'm back!

      Thanks!

      Art

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

      > Is the Feedburner feed the one you originally submitted to the iTunes Store?
      > If so, resync your Feedburner feed and see if that helps. Also, sometimes it
      > can take a day or so for the iTunes Store to refresh a feed. I don't know if
      > it takes longer if a feed's been dormant for awhile.
      >
      > On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:
      >

      > > About 3 and a half years ago, I moved my podcast from my own server, which
      > > couldn't handle the load, to GoDaddy (yeah, I know, but I had a fair amount
      > > of credit with them). Immediately after that, I stopped 'casting due to
      > > person reasons.
      > >
      > > I just came back into the fold today, but I'm unable to get my new episode
      > > to show up in iTunes or any other directory. I'm using feedburner for the
      > > feed, so I just pointed it to the posts feed from GoDaddy, but nothing. It
      > > works great on the website, but the feed isn't working.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Art

    • Calvin Powers
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
        What is resynching? I also use feedburner feed into iTunes. Not currently
        having a problem, but sounds like something I should know for future
        reference.

        Thanks
        Calvin
        www.taprootradio.com

        On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:

        > Yep, resyncing did the trick! I'm back!
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Art
        >
        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is the Feedburner feed the one you originally submitted to the iTunes
        > Store?
        > > If so, resync your Feedburner feed and see if that helps. Also, sometimes
        > it
        > > can take a day or so for the iTunes Store to refresh a feed. I don't know
        > if
        > > it takes longer if a feed's been dormant for awhile.
        > >
        > > On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > > About 3 and a half years ago, I moved my podcast from my own server,
        > which
        > > > couldn't handle the load, to GoDaddy (yeah, I know, but I had a fair
        > amount
        > > > of credit with them). Immediately after that, I stopped 'casting due to
        > > > person reasons.
        > > >
        > > > I just came back into the fold today, but I'm unable to get my new
        > episode
        > > > to show up in iTunes or any other directory. I'm using feedburner for
        > the
        > > > feed, so I just pointed it to the posts feed from GoDaddy, but nothing.
        > It
        > > > works great on the website, but the feed isn't working.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks!
        > > >
        > > > Art

      • Shawn Thorpe
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
          There's an option in the "Troubleshootize" section of the Feedburner
          dashboard where you can resync your feed if you're having trouble with it.
          It's sorta like a reset of the Feedburner feed in that, it blows out
          anything that's been cached and then does a fresh sync of the source feed.
          It's an option they recommend if you're having trouble with your feed. It
          can also be a good idea to do this if you change your source feed.

          On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

          > What is resynching? I also use feedburner feed into iTunes. Not currently
          > having a problem, but sounds like something I should know for future
          > reference.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Calvin
          > www.taprootradio.com
          >
          > On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Yep, resyncing did the trick! I'm back!
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Art
          > >
          > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Is the Feedburner feed the one you originally submitted to the iTunes
          > > Store?
          > > > If so, resync your Feedburner feed and see if that helps. Also,
          > sometimes
          > > it
          > > > can take a day or so for the iTunes Store to refresh a feed. I don't
          > know
          > > if
          > > > it takes longer if a feed's been dormant for awhile.

          > > which
          > > amount

          > > episode
          > > the
          > nothing.
          > > It

        • Gwen Orel
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
            So I'm doing an arts podcast that is interview based, and I'm pretty unhappy with the quality of my recordings. I thought maybe it was the new skype, but then remembered i was having some feedback issues with the old as well.

            i set levels in wiretap studio (which is how I'm recording) but am still unhappy with the end resutl and it's VERY hard to get the whole thing sounding level in the end.

            do you think it might be a headset issue? I'm using a logitech mono with usb connection.

            what headsets do you recommend?

            the calls that use the "real" phone (conference call, for example) are actually much worse; I use a digital recorder for that and it's much harder to set levels on the fly.

            suggestions?

            by the way my podcast is up at:

            http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/new-york-irish-arts-podcast/id427167887?i=92684214

            THANKS!
          • Richard Amirault
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
              From: "Gwen Orel"

              > So I'm doing an arts podcast that is interview based, and I'm pretty
              > unhappy with the quality of my recordings. I thought maybe it was the new
              > skype, but then remembered i was having some feedback issues with the old
              > as well.
              >
              > i set levels in wiretap studio (which is how I'm recording) but am still
              > unhappy with the end resutl and it's VERY hard to get the whole thing
              > sounding level in the end.
              (snip)

              A *very* handy tool is the program called the LEVELATOR. It "evens" out the
              voice levels between speakers. This can be because of different inputs to
              the recorder, different distances from the mics to the speakers, or just
              because some folks talk softer (or louder) than others.

              This is ONLY for use on voice recordings, not for music.

              http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

              Richard Amirault
              Boston, MA, USA
              http://n1jdu.org
              http://bostonfandom.org
            • Gwen Orel
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                THANKS! I'll check it out. There are a bunch of effects one can use in wiretap too that I've never learned and I'm experimentig with them now; I think adding "spoken word" to the graphic equalizer will help a lot.

                On Apr 2, 2011, at 4:08 PM, Richard Amirault wrote:

> [...]

              • Gwen Orel
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                  ps my interviews are about 7 minutes long, but as I have about 5 different ones on the show, the level differences are jarring!

                • Gwen Orel
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                    unfortuantely it only works on .wav and .aiff files... wiretap makes mp3s and my digital makes .mov

                  • Gwen Orel
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                      turns out I can turn them back into aiff or wav. just testing one to see if it's worth it.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                        thanks!