Stumped

  • Art
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2011
      About 3 and a half years ago, I moved my podcast from my own server, which couldn't handle the load, to GoDaddy (yeah, I know, but I had a fair amount of credit with them). Immediately after that, I stopped 'casting due to person reasons.

      I just came back into the fold today, but I'm unable to get my new episode to show up in iTunes or any other directory. I'm using feedburner for the feed, so I just pointed it to the posts feed from GoDaddy, but nothing. It works great on the website, but the feed isn't working.

      Thanks!

      Art
    • Douglas E. Welch
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2011
        There was a changeover on Feedburner to bring them into the Google fold. I
        wonder if you need to migrate your feedburner account to your Google
        Account. I am not sure on the timing of the change over, but 3 years ago may
        have caused you to miss the switch.

        Since it appears ok on the web site, I would look to Feedburner issues as
        the cause first and see where that leads you.
        *
        *
        *DEW*
        *
        *
        *--*
        *Douglas E. Welch*
        *"Helping with all your technology and New Media needs"*
        Web: http://DouglasEWelch.com -- Email: me@...

        Find career opportunities from around the US at jobs.welchwrite.com

        On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:

        > About 3 and a half years ago, I moved my podcast from my own server, which
        > couldn't handle the load, to GoDaddy (yeah, I know, but I had a fair amount
        > of credit with them). Immediately after that, I stopped 'casting due to
        > person reasons.
        >
        > I just came back into the fold today, but I'm unable to get my new episode
        > to show up in iTunes or any other directory. I'm using feedburner for the
        > feed, so I just pointed it to the posts feed from GoDaddy, but nothing. It
        > works great on the website, but the feed isn't working.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Art

      • Shawn Thorpe
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2011
          Is the Feedburner feed the one you originally submitted to the iTunes Store?
          If so, resync your Feedburner feed and see if that helps. Also, sometimes it
          can take a day or so for the iTunes Store to refresh a feed. I don't know if
          it takes longer if a feed's been dormant for awhile.

          On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:

          > About 3 and a half years ago, I moved my podcast from my own server, which
          > couldn't handle the load, to GoDaddy (yeah, I know, but I had a fair amount
          > of credit with them). Immediately after that, I stopped 'casting due to
          > person reasons.
          >
          > I just came back into the fold today, but I'm unable to get my new episode
          > to show up in iTunes or any other directory. I'm using feedburner for the
          > feed, so I just pointed it to the posts feed from GoDaddy, but nothing. It
          > works great on the website, but the feed isn't working.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Art

        • Art
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2011
            Yep, resyncing did the trick! I'm back!

            Thanks!

            Art

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

            > Is the Feedburner feed the one you originally submitted to the iTunes Store?
            > If so, resync your Feedburner feed and see if that helps. Also, sometimes it
            > can take a day or so for the iTunes Store to refresh a feed. I don't know if
            > it takes longer if a feed's been dormant for awhile.
            >
            > On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:
            >

            > > About 3 and a half years ago, I moved my podcast from my own server, which
            > > couldn't handle the load, to GoDaddy (yeah, I know, but I had a fair amount
            > > of credit with them). Immediately after that, I stopped 'casting due to
            > > person reasons.
            > >
            > > I just came back into the fold today, but I'm unable to get my new episode
            > > to show up in iTunes or any other directory. I'm using feedburner for the
            > > feed, so I just pointed it to the posts feed from GoDaddy, but nothing. It
            > > works great on the website, but the feed isn't working.
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > >
            > > Art

          • Calvin Powers
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
              What is resynching? I also use feedburner feed into iTunes. Not currently
              having a problem, but sounds like something I should know for future
              reference.

              Thanks
              Calvin
              www.taprootradio.com

              On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:

              > Yep, resyncing did the trick! I'm back!
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Art
              >
              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Is the Feedburner feed the one you originally submitted to the iTunes
              > Store?
              > > If so, resync your Feedburner feed and see if that helps. Also, sometimes
              > it
              > > can take a day or so for the iTunes Store to refresh a feed. I don't know
              > if
              > > it takes longer if a feed's been dormant for awhile.
              > >
              > > On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > > About 3 and a half years ago, I moved my podcast from my own server,
              > which
              > > > couldn't handle the load, to GoDaddy (yeah, I know, but I had a fair
              > amount
              > > > of credit with them). Immediately after that, I stopped 'casting due to
              > > > person reasons.
              > > >
              > > > I just came back into the fold today, but I'm unable to get my new
              > episode
              > > > to show up in iTunes or any other directory. I'm using feedburner for
              > the
              > > > feed, so I just pointed it to the posts feed from GoDaddy, but nothing.
              > It
              > > > works great on the website, but the feed isn't working.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks!
              > > >
              > > > Art

            • Shawn Thorpe
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                There's an option in the "Troubleshootize" section of the Feedburner
                dashboard where you can resync your feed if you're having trouble with it.
                It's sorta like a reset of the Feedburner feed in that, it blows out
                anything that's been cached and then does a fresh sync of the source feed.
                It's an option they recommend if you're having trouble with your feed. It
                can also be a good idea to do this if you change your source feed.

                On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Calvin Powers <calvin@...> wrote:

                > What is resynching? I also use feedburner feed into iTunes. Not currently
                > having a problem, but sounds like something I should know for future
                > reference.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Calvin
                > www.taprootradio.com
                >
                > On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Art <art.spencer@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Yep, resyncing did the trick! I'm back!
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > >
                > > Art
                > >
                > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Thorpe <shawnogordo@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Is the Feedburner feed the one you originally submitted to the iTunes
                > > Store?
                > > > If so, resync your Feedburner feed and see if that helps. Also,
                > sometimes
                > > it
                > > > can take a day or so for the iTunes Store to refresh a feed. I don't
                > know
                > > if
                > > > it takes longer if a feed's been dormant for awhile.

                > > which
                > > amount

                > > episode
                > > the
                > nothing.
                > > It

              • Gwen Orel
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                  So I'm doing an arts podcast that is interview based, and I'm pretty unhappy with the quality of my recordings. I thought maybe it was the new skype, but then remembered i was having some feedback issues with the old as well.

                  i set levels in wiretap studio (which is how I'm recording) but am still unhappy with the end resutl and it's VERY hard to get the whole thing sounding level in the end.

                  do you think it might be a headset issue? I'm using a logitech mono with usb connection.

                  what headsets do you recommend?

                  the calls that use the "real" phone (conference call, for example) are actually much worse; I use a digital recorder for that and it's much harder to set levels on the fly.

                  suggestions?

                  by the way my podcast is up at:

                  http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/new-york-irish-arts-podcast/id427167887?i=92684214

                  THANKS!
                • Richard Amirault
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                    From: "Gwen Orel"

                    > So I'm doing an arts podcast that is interview based, and I'm pretty
                    > unhappy with the quality of my recordings. I thought maybe it was the new
                    > skype, but then remembered i was having some feedback issues with the old
                    > as well.
                    >
                    > i set levels in wiretap studio (which is how I'm recording) but am still
                    > unhappy with the end resutl and it's VERY hard to get the whole thing
                    > sounding level in the end.
                    (snip)

                    A *very* handy tool is the program called the LEVELATOR. It "evens" out the
                    voice levels between speakers. This can be because of different inputs to
                    the recorder, different distances from the mics to the speakers, or just
                    because some folks talk softer (or louder) than others.

                    This is ONLY for use on voice recordings, not for music.

                    http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

                    Richard Amirault
                    Boston, MA, USA
                    http://n1jdu.org
                    http://bostonfandom.org
                  • Gwen Orel
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                      THANKS! I'll check it out. There are a bunch of effects one can use in wiretap too that I've never learned and I'm experimentig with them now; I think adding "spoken word" to the graphic equalizer will help a lot.

                      On Apr 2, 2011, at 4:08 PM, Richard Amirault wrote:

> [...]

                    • Gwen Orel
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                        ps my interviews are about 7 minutes long, but as I have about 5 different ones on the show, the level differences are jarring!

                      • Gwen Orel
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                          unfortuantely it only works on .wav and .aiff files... wiretap makes mp3s and my digital makes .mov

                        • Gwen Orel
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                            turns out I can turn them back into aiff or wav. just testing one to see if it's worth it.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 2, 2011
                              thanks!