Re: [podcasters] Playing Clips While Recording, Questions?

  • Pat Cook
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 27 11:55 AM
      On 3/27/2011 7:29 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:

      > I think it's very easy to produce a podcast completely on the computer as
      > long as it's not a live podcast. In other words, you assemble all your
      > show
      > elements together on the computer and then mix them into a single MP3 file
      > using Audacity.

      But if you do your show LIVE & then podcast the archive as I do, then
      you want either a mixer OR a soundblaster with "What U Hear" (Look for
      this because that's what it's called!) functionality.

      Cheers :D

      --
      Pat Cook
      Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*

    • ZakRhyno
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 27 11:59 AM
        Huh? I'm just looking for a way to be done on computer 100% cause it can be
        done. Were trying to get away from the mixer. Ideas?

        On 3/27/2011 7:29 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:

        > I think it's very easy to produce a podcast completely on the computer as
        > long as it's not a live podcast. In other words, you assemble all your
        > show
        > elements together on the computer and then mix them into a single MP3 file
        > using Audacity.

        But if you do your show LIVE & then podcast the archive as I do, then
        you want either a mixer OR a soundblaster with "What U Hear" (Look for
        this because that's what it's called!) functionality.

        Cheers :D

        --
        Pat Cook
        Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
        *TLWC Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
        *TLWC Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
        *TLWC Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
        *BACK TO THE FUTURE CLASSIC TV SOAP OPERA PODCAST
        <http://backtothefuturetvclassicsoapoperas.blogspot.com/>*
        *BACK TO THE FUTURE RADIO SOAP OPERA PODCAST
        <http://backtothefutureradiosoapoperas.blogspot.com/>*
        Englewood, CO

      • David Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 24, 2011
          It was 27 Mar 2011, when Pat Cook commented:

          > On 3/27/2011 7:29 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:
          > >
          > > I think it's very easy to produce a podcast completely on the computer as
          > > long as it's not a live podcast. In other words, you assemble all your
          > > show elements together on the computer and then mix them into a single
          > > MP3 file using Audacity.
          > >
          > But if you do your show LIVE & then podcast the archive as I do, then you
          > want either a mixer OR a soundblaster with "What U Hear" (Look for this
          > because that's what it's called!) functionality.
          >
          > Cheers :D

          I've had fair if not perfect luck using SAM Broadcaster, software that's
          intended for live streaming of various types, but also has built-in
          capability to record the stream to MP3 at the same time -- mostly for
          archival purposes, but workable for podcasts. Since it is made for live
          streaming, it has good tools for adding sounds and whatnot on-the-fly, all
          of which will show up in the MP3.

          SAM Broadcaster costs $299 US. I got it for DJing on Second Life as well
          as useful practice for my hoped-for next career in radio, so I felt it was
          worthwhile. Might be worth a look.

          http://www.spacialaudio.com/?page=sam-broadcaster&tab=tab-sam-broadcaster-
          overview

          Good night, and good luck.