Re: [podcasters] Playing Clips While Recording, Questions?

  • Michael Sitarzewski
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 27, 2011
      If you're on a Mac, you should download this app and try it. http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/

      It's meant for live streaming a radio show, but it has an "archive" feature that can be used for creating a podcast too. :)

      It's not free, but it does everything you've mentioned, including a sound board and nabbing audio from Skype for interviews.

      Michael. :)
      http://callisto.fm

    • Pat Cook
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 27, 2011
        On 3/27/2011 7:29 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:

        > I think it's very easy to produce a podcast completely on the computer as
        > long as it's not a live podcast. In other words, you assemble all your
        > show
        > elements together on the computer and then mix them into a single MP3 file
        > using Audacity.

        But if you do your show LIVE & then podcast the archive as I do, then
        you want either a mixer OR a soundblaster with "What U Hear" (Look for
        this because that's what it's called!) functionality.

        Cheers :D

        --
        Pat Cook
        Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
        *TLWC Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
        *TLWC Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
        *TLWC Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
        *BACK TO THE FUTURE CLASSIC TV SOAP OPERA PODCAST
        <http://backtothefuturetvclassicsoapoperas.blogspot.com/>*
        *BACK TO THE FUTURE RADIO SOAP OPERA PODCAST
        <http://backtothefutureradiosoapoperas.blogspot.com/>*
        Englewood, CO

      • ZakRhyno
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 27, 2011
          Huh? I'm just looking for a way to be done on computer 100% cause it can be
          done. Were trying to get away from the mixer. Ideas?

          On 3/27/2011 7:29 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:

          > I think it's very easy to produce a podcast completely on the computer as
          > long as it's not a live podcast. In other words, you assemble all your
          > show
          > elements together on the computer and then mix them into a single MP3 file
          > using Audacity.

          But if you do your show LIVE & then podcast the archive as I do, then
          you want either a mixer OR a soundblaster with "What U Hear" (Look for
          this because that's what it's called!) functionality.

          Cheers :D

          --
          Pat Cook
          Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
          *TLWC Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
          *TLWC Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
          *TLWC Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
          *BACK TO THE FUTURE CLASSIC TV SOAP OPERA PODCAST
          <http://backtothefuturetvclassicsoapoperas.blogspot.com/>*
          *BACK TO THE FUTURE RADIO SOAP OPERA PODCAST
          <http://backtothefutureradiosoapoperas.blogspot.com/>*
          Englewood, CO

        • David Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 24, 2011
            It was 27 Mar 2011, when Pat Cook commented:

            > On 3/27/2011 7:29 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:
            > >
            > > I think it's very easy to produce a podcast completely on the computer as
            > > long as it's not a live podcast. In other words, you assemble all your
            > > show elements together on the computer and then mix them into a single
            > > MP3 file using Audacity.
            > >
            > But if you do your show LIVE & then podcast the archive as I do, then you
            > want either a mixer OR a soundblaster with "What U Hear" (Look for this
            > because that's what it's called!) functionality.
            >
            > Cheers :D

            I've had fair if not perfect luck using SAM Broadcaster, software that's
            intended for live streaming of various types, but also has built-in
            capability to record the stream to MP3 at the same time -- mostly for
            archival purposes, but workable for podcasts. Since it is made for live
            streaming, it has good tools for adding sounds and whatnot on-the-fly, all
            of which will show up in the MP3.

            SAM Broadcaster costs $299 US. I got it for DJing on Second Life as well
            as useful practice for my hoped-for next career in radio, so I felt it was
            worthwhile. Might be worth a look.

            http://www.spacialaudio.com/?page=sam-broadcaster&tab=tab-sam-broadcaster-
            overview

            Good night, and good luck.