Re: [podcasters] Directories

  • Michael Sitarzewski
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 7, 2011
      Don't forget to give us a shot :)

      http://www.callisto.fm

      Michael. :)

      On Mar 7, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

      > So I went through this a few weeks ago. My recommendation is to cover these
      > directories
      > iTunes,
      > RIM Blackberry
      > Microsoft Zune
      > Podcast pickle.
      >
      > Those 4 directories seem to account for about 95% of my downloads. I've also
      > registered with a few others including castroller and podcast411.
      >
      > FWIW
      > Calvin
      >
      > On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:58 PM, rockonfootball <rockonfootball@...>wrote:
      >
      > > My brother and I are just starting a podcast. Can anyone suggest some
      > > directories we might want to check out to put our podcast on?

    • Calvin Powers
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 7, 2011
        definitely! sorry bout that.

        On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Michael Sitarzewski
        <msitarzewski@...>wrote:

        > Don't forget to give us a shot :)
        >
        > http://www.callisto.fm
        >
        > Michael. :)
        >
        > On Mar 7, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:
        >
        > > So I went through this a few weeks ago. My recommendation is to cover
        > these
        > > directories
        > > iTunes,
        > > RIM Blackberry
        > > Microsoft Zune
        > > Podcast pickle.
        > >
        > > Those 4 directories seem to account for about 95% of my downloads. I've
        > also
        > > registered with a few others including castroller and podcast411.
        > >
        > > FWIW
        > > Calvin
        > >
        > > On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:58 PM, rockonfootball <
        > rockonfootball@...>wrote:
        > >
        > > > My brother and I are just starting a podcast. Can anyone suggest some
        > > > directories we might want to check out to put our podcast on?

      • Tony Melton
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 8, 2011
          Actually, not much of a niche!
          Actually, if you click on our picture you can subscribe through iTunes.

          Thanks,
          Tony

          WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.COM = The #1 Ranked Christian Fantasy Football Podcast!

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 8, 2011
            I just went through this myself about three weeks ago. We just launched The Two Way Radio Show at http://www.twowayradioshow.com for the company I work for and submitted it to about 30 directories. I attempted to submit it to about a dozen others. Unfortunately, I found a lot of those directories were either no longer accepting submissions or were no longer actively maintained and on auto pilot.

            Podcast directories fade away as fast as some podcasters. That is one of my frustrations with podcast directories but an unfortunate fact of life as a podcast producer.

            The four directories mentioned earlier by Calvin Powers are still active:

            iTunes,
            RIM Blackberry
            Microsoft Zune
            Podcast pickle (Note: requires minimum of 5 episodes for approval)
            Podfeed
            Pure Lounge
            GetAPodcast
            Gigadial
            Weblogs.com
            The Hard Pod Cafe
            Blubrry

            If someone has a more complete list of active directories, please post them as I would like to update my directory list as well.

            Rick Savoia
            The Force Field podcast for IT Service Professionals
            www.theforcefield.net

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 8, 2011
              Thanks for this too!  I'll see if I get any more from people and send them your
              way!