Re: [podcasters] Problem with date on iTunes podcast

  • Douglas E. Welch
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
      Not sure where you are located, but this has all the markings of a time zone
      issue. It is very likely that it is March 2 where you are and March 1 where
      the Apple server is located.

      I would recommend placing the date in the Title of each episode, as that
      will be hard coded and never change, not matter what date the server might
      think it is.

      I would also suggest adding the title of each show to the title of the MP3
      to give people a bit more information when looking at your list of past and
      current shows.

      i.e. *Feb 28, 2011 - Special report on the fight for union rights in
      Wisconsin, USA*
      *
      *
      I think this will alleviate the confusion about the dates and also let
      people know exactly what episode they are listening to.

      I hope this helps.
      *
      *
      *DEW*
      *
      *
      *--*
      *Douglas E. Welch*
      *"Helping with all your technology and New Media needs"*
      Web: http://DouglasEWelch.com -- Email: me@...

      Find career opportunities from around the US at jobs.welchwrite.com

      On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM, marcbelanger16
      <m.belanger@...>wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I have a podcasting problem that's driving me crazy. Can't find a solution
      > anywhere. And a member of this group recommended that I post my question
      > here. Thanks for any help you can provide.
      >
      > Here's the problem:
      >
      > I do a podcast called RadioLabour (www.radiolabour.net)
      >
      > When I create an rss file so that the podcast will be updated for iTunes .
      > . . the file in iTunes displays the date *as the day before*. Always.
      >
      > For example: I uploaded my rss file today with the date March 2, 2011. (
      > 02/03/2011 ) This is the date both in the rss code and the date of the file
      > on the computer.
      >
      > But the file shows on iTunes as March 1, 2011 ( 01/03/2011 )
      >
      > This makes it difficult for people to find the correct podcast.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Marc
    • Ben Straw
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
        From the looks of it your feed isnt valid.
        Check it out for your self:
        http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.radiolabour.net%2Fradiolabour-rss.xml>

        Benjamin Straw - http://Qetuo.me
        P: 1-304-449-4335
        Skype: n3bb3n
        Twitter: Twitter.com/nebben
        Want to Learn About Podcasting? - http://How2Podcast.com

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
          Ben and Douglas:

          Thank you very much for the advice. My problem's now solved. I should have asked you long ago! :)

          The date is still a day behind (despite the fact that I'm North America, Toronto, to be specfic). But the idea of adding the title fixes the problem. Thanks Douglas.

          Still, it looks like I've got problems with the feed according to the validator. Gives me something to work on. Thank you Ben.

          Marc

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Ben Straw <Nebula1183@...> wrote:

          > From the looks of it your feed isnt valid.
          > Check it out for your self:
          > http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.radiolabour.net%2Fradiolabour-rss.xml>
          >

          > Benjamin Straw - http://Qetuo.me
          > P: 1-304-449-4335
          > Skype: n3bb3n
          > Twitter: Twitter.com/nebben
          > Want to Learn About Podcasting? - http://How2Podcast.com
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Douglas E. Welch
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
            Glad it helped.

            The pubDate looks like it is missing the Year, which might make the
            validator complain.

            Should be in this form: <pubdate>Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:38:45 PST</pubdate>
            *
            *
            *Maybe that will clean things up.*
            *