Re: Savannah College of Art and Design MFA Graduate Student Podcast Wireframe Test

  • steven
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2011
      Please Email the questionnaire back as is. A PDF. I know why I said RTF as that was for class purposes and I did not get a chance to change it for USER GROUP! Sorry!

      Tschüß!

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "steven" <cmptgk@...> wrote:

      > Dear Podcasters,
      >
      > My name is Steve and I am an MFA Interactive Media Student at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia via eLearning. I am in the middle of developing a Podcast software DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) GUI (Graphical User Interface) that simplifies the GUI from what is out on the market (IE: PODCASTUDIO Bundle from BEHINGER).
      >
      > Please keep in mind I am not testing you as a user, but simply asking you to test the ease of use of my Podcast DAW GUI wireframe. Also, this GUI is a wireframe, so for example I am using placeholders within the dropdown menus of the subtext if there is any confusion as to why every submenu retains similar links.
      >
      > The link for the wireframe is as follows:
      > http://studentpages.scad.edu/~skaute20/itgm723/
      >
      > The link for the questionnaire is as follows:
      > http://studentpages.scad.edu/~skaute20/itgm723/kautenu7onlinediscussion.pdf
      >
      > I thank you for your time and I look forward to all of your wonderful comments and suggestions. Have fun and take care!
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Steven R Kauten
      > MFA Interactive Media Student
      > Interactive Sound Designer
      > BA/Certified
      > skaute20@...

    • steven
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2011
        Hey Michael,

        Thank you for looking into my Podcast DAW GUI! The main navigation is just a placeholder as I am only testing the use of the rollover and drop-down menu.

        Also, if you are on the Mp3.html page and click next it should take you back to the gui.html page. It is working on my end.

        However, I am finding that the FTP link is not working properly as I have been troubleshooting for the past 3 hours. I am not sure why it links incorrectly as my code is all up to par on the back end.

        In turn, on a side note. I am not a Podcaster. However, I do have a Certification in Music Production and to finish my MFA I am opting to kind of minor in sound design. If that makes sense.

        In short, what do Podcasters, such as yourself, look for in Podcast tools. IE: DAW Software, Microphones, Hardware (Outboard, FX, EQ), Mp3 compression, and FTP?

        Thank you for your time and response!

        Take care,
        Steve