Re: [podcasters] Helping to spread the word

  • Kevin Bachelder
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2011
      I don't have any hard numbers either but I agree with a lot of what Dan said.

      A few years ago podcasting directories did bring in some listeners for
      my podcasts but not so much anymore. People now seem more likely to
      do simple Google searches or look for iTunes recommendations of
      similar podcasts when they do iTunes searches. All simple word of
      mouth works very well. I'm involved in many online communities for
      the topics I cover and my email signature and my forum signatures
      include links to my podcasts which brings in folks.

      I also agree that having a nice flash web player on your website/blog
      is very important since many of our listeners say they listen while at
      work so they simply stream the episodes that way.

      Good luck,

      Kevin

      -----

      Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
      Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

      Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre shows)
      http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com

      The Seeker Cast (Legend of the Seeker)
      http://www.theseekercast.com