Intrviews with Bands who do Cover music only...

  • zzippster
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2011
      Hi! from Weymouth, Dorset,UK. Can anyone advise? I have been asked to do an interview with a local band for my podcast. They only play covers. Can you help with advice on copyright problems if I include a very short clip of their music?

      Thanks
      Peter

      http://www.zzipp.podomatic.com
    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2011
        If you only include short clips (say, approximately 30 seconds of each
        song), you should be fine in most circumstances, as (at least here in the
        U.S.) this is legal under fair-use law.

        --
        -Shawn Thorpe
        http://geminidragon.tv/ - stuff, we make it