Re: [podcasters] Podcast Promo Swaps?

  • Kevin Bachelder
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2011
      > What's the best way to find other podecasters to swap promos with? I've just
      > finished a 60 second promo for Taproot Radio <http://goo.gl/9wY63> and would
      > be interested in finding other podcasters to swap promos with. Ideally it
      > woul dbe other music podcasts, but it doesn't have to be.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Calvin

      Hey Calvin,

      We'd be glad to swap promos with you and most other podcasts. Just
      email me directly.

      Our listeners are fans of SciFi and fantasy (aka genre) TV so our
      audiences may not be the best match for each other but nothing
      ventured; nothing gained.

      As far as finding other podcasts to swap with I started with the
      podcasts I listened to. Those podcasts will often play promos for
      other shows which leads me to more podcasts. You get the picture. ;)

      I'll also post threads in discussion forums that I visit asking folks
      to recommend good podcasts to listen to and that will give me more
      ideas. It takes a little bit of networking but most podcasters want to
      support podcasting so they are open to swap promos.

      Good luck,

      Kevin

      -----

      Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
      Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

      Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre shows)
      http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com

      The Seeker Cast (Legend of the Seeker)
      http://www.theseekercast.com
    • Pat Cook
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2011
        A really good place to put it would be the Podcast Promos thread on the
        Podcast Pickle Message Board. That's where I put mine.

        Just be sure to include a link either to THE WEBPAGE (Either directly or
        indirectly via a shortened URL) or to the promo itsrelf (DIRECTLY
        instead of via the shortened URL you gave below We can't download it if
        we have to go through a Twitter-friendly URL to do it).

        Hope this helps.....

        Cheers :D

        On 2/6/2011 8:39 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:

        > Howdy all,
        >
        > What's the best way to find other podecasters to swap promos with?
        > I've just
        > finished a 60 second promo for Taproot Radio <http://goo.gl/9wY63> and
        > would
        > be interested in finding other podcasters to swap promos with. Ideally it
        > woul dbe other music podcasts, but it doesn't have to be.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Calvin

        Pat Cook Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
        *Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
        *Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
        *Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
        Englewood, CO

      • Calvin Powers
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2011
          thanks pat, will do.

          On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Pat Cook <patspodcast@...> wrote:

          > A really good place to put it would be the Podcast Promos thread on the
          > Podcast Pickle Message Board. That's where I put mine.
          >
          > Just be sure to include a link either to THE WEBPAGE (Either directly or
          > indirectly via a shortened URL) or to the promo itsrelf (DIRECTLY
          > instead of via the shortened URL you gave below We can't download it if
          > we have to go through a Twitter-friendly URL to do it).
          >
          > Hope this helps.....
          >
          > Cheers :D
          >
          > On 2/6/2011 8:39 AM, Calvin Powers wrote:
          > >
          > > Howdy all,
          > >
          > > What's the best way to find other podecasters to swap promos with?
          > > I've just
          > > finished a 60 second promo for Taproot Radio <http://goo.gl/9wY63> and
          > > would
          > > be interested in finding other podcasters to swap promos with. Ideally it
          > > woul dbe other music podcasts, but it doesn't have to be.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Calvin

          > Pat Cook Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
          > *Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
          > *Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
          > *Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
          > Englewood, CO

        • dirtyboxersdotnet
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2011
            Hi there,

            I'd love to swap promos with you!

            My latest promo can be found here: http://www.dirtyboxers.net/podcastpromos

            Don't really mind who I swap with - let's just keep the community alive.

            Cheers,
            Leigh