Re: [podcasters] Web Hosting

  • Steve Riekeberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
      Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
      *some* people
      with horror stories...

      Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be happier,
      and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
      BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.

      Steve Riekeberg
      Host, Geek Cred
      <http://www.geekcred.net>
      818-925-GEEK

      On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sharayah,
      >
      > Here's the one I use:
      >
      > http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
      >
      > The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
      > two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
      > plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
      > never had any downtime.
      >
      > Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
      >
      > http://creativitycoachingsite.com
      > http://artofeverycolor.com
      >
      > Feel free to buzz me with questions!
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > ---Dan
      > <http://danhughes.net/>
      > P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
      > creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
      >
      > --
      >
      > <http://radiofun.info>

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
        I agree. I use powweb. Go daddy is a bad choice

        On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Steve Riekeberg <missingintellect@...> wrote:

        > Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
        > *some* people
        > with horror stories...
        >
        > Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be happier,
        > and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
        > BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.
        >
        > Steve Riekeberg
        > Host, Geek Cred
        > <http://www.geekcred.net>
        > 818-925-GEEK
        >

        > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Hi Sharayah,
        >>
        >> Here's the one I use:
        >>
        >> http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
        >>
        >> The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
        >> two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
        >> plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
        >> never had any downtime.
        >>
        >> Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
        >>
        >> http://creativitycoachingsite.com
        >> http://artofeverycolor.com
        >>
        >> Feel free to buzz me with questions!
        >>
        >> Best,
        >>
        >> ---Dan
        >> <http://danhughes.net/>
        >> P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
        >> creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
        >>
        >> --
        >>
        >> <http://radiofun.info>

      • Dan Hughes
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
          Mike,

          I checked the PowWow site, and they seem to offer unlimited domains for
          $4.88 a month? That means I can move ALL my domains into one $4.88 account,
          and they will all have their own direct URLs?

          Am I interpreting that correctly?

          Thanks,

          ---Dan

          On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Mike <serviceyourac@...> wrote:

          > I agree. I use powweb. Go daddy is a bad choice
          >

          > On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Steve Riekeberg <missingintellect@...<missingintellect%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
          > > *some* people
          > > with horror stories...
          > >
          > > Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be
          > happier,
          > > and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
          > > BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.
          > >
          > > Steve Riekeberg
          > > Host, Geek Cred
          > > <http://www.geekcred.net>
          > > 818-925-GEEK
          > >

          > > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...<danhughesmail%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > >> Hi Sharayah,
          > >>
          > >> Here's the one I use:
          > >>
          > >> http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
          > >>
          > >> The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36
          > for
          > >> two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
          > >> plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know
          > I've
          > >> never had any downtime.
          > >>
          > >> Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
          > >>
          > >> http://creativitycoachingsite.com
          > >> http://artofeverycolor.com
          > >>
          > >> Feel free to buzz me with questions!
          > >>
          > >> Best,
          > >>
          > >> ---Dan
          > >> <http://danhughes.net/>
          > >> P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
          > >> creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
          > >>
          > >> --
          > >>
          > >> <http://radiofun.info>

          Best,

          ---Dan
          http://danhughes.net
          http://danhughesbooks.com
          http://thetreasurecorner.com
          http://thesoftballcorner.com
          http://radiofun.info

        • Calvin Powers
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
            I use justhost to host my podcast MP3 files and have no complaints. They are
            cheap and unlike other hosting services, they are not constantly trying to
            get me to sign up for more services. So for whatever that is worth.....

            Calvin

            On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Sharayah 888 <sharayah888@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > I'm looking at web hosts and wanted to ask what your recommendations are.
            >
            > Someone recommended site5 http://www.site5.com/ and wordpress suggests
            > bluehost http://www.bluehost.com/ but both have some negative reviews
            > online.
            >
            > Just host http://www.justhost.com/ and Ipage http://www.ipage.com/ seem to
            > rank well on sites dedicated to web hosting reviews...does anyone have
            > experience with these sites? I'd prefer word of mouth over sites that may
            > be biased.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Sharayah

          • Michael Johnson
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
              I don't know how it works with transferring domains over, but I have purchased a few domains through them and host them on the same plan. Two that I can think of offhand are crosscampusministry.com and williamjohnsonmusic.com

              Those two domains are on the same 4.88 plan

              Thanks
              Mike
              Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
              The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
              A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com