Re: [podcasters] Web Hosting

  • Dan Hughes
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5 10:35 AM
      Hi Sharayah,

      Here's the one I use:

      http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp

      The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
      two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
      plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
      never had any downtime.

      Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:

      http://creativitycoachingsite.com
      http://artofeverycolor.com

      Feel free to buzz me with questions!

      Best,

      ---Dan
      <http://danhughes.net/>
      P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
      creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com

      --

      <http://radiofun.info>

    • Steve Riekeberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5 11:25 AM
        Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
        *some* people
        with horror stories...

        Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be happier,
        and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
        BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.

        Steve Riekeberg
        Host, Geek Cred
        <http://www.geekcred.net>
        818-925-GEEK

        On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...> wrote:

        > Hi Sharayah,
        >
        > Here's the one I use:
        >
        > http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
        >
        > The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
        > two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
        > plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
        > never had any downtime.
        >
        > Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
        >
        > http://creativitycoachingsite.com
        > http://artofeverycolor.com
        >
        > Feel free to buzz me with questions!
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > ---Dan
        > <http://danhughes.net/>
        > P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
        > creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
        >
        > --
        >
        > <http://radiofun.info>

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5 12:41 PM
          I agree. I use powweb. Go daddy is a bad choice

          On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Steve Riekeberg <missingintellect@...> wrote:

          > Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
          > *some* people
          > with horror stories...
          >
          > Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be happier,
          > and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
          > BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.
          >
          > Steve Riekeberg
          > Host, Geek Cred
          > <http://www.geekcred.net>
          > 818-925-GEEK
          >

          > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Hi Sharayah,
          >>
          >> Here's the one I use:
          >>
          >> http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
          >>
          >> The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
          >> two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
          >> plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
          >> never had any downtime.
          >>
          >> Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
          >>
          >> http://creativitycoachingsite.com
          >> http://artofeverycolor.com
          >>
          >> Feel free to buzz me with questions!
          >>
          >> Best,
          >>
          >> ---Dan
          >> <http://danhughes.net/>
          >> P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
          >> creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
          >>
          >> --
          >>
          >> <http://radiofun.info>

        • Dan Hughes
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5 1:08 PM
            Mike,

            I checked the PowWow site, and they seem to offer unlimited domains for
            $4.88 a month? That means I can move ALL my domains into one $4.88 account,
            and they will all have their own direct URLs?

            Am I interpreting that correctly?

            Thanks,

            ---Dan

            On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Mike <serviceyourac@...> wrote:

            > I agree. I use powweb. Go daddy is a bad choice
            >

            > On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Steve Riekeberg <missingintellect@...<missingintellect%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
            > > *some* people
            > > with horror stories...
            > >
            > > Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be
            > happier,
            > > and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
            > > BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.
            > >
            > > Steve Riekeberg
            > > Host, Geek Cred
            > > <http://www.geekcred.net>
            > > 818-925-GEEK
            > >

            > > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...<danhughesmail%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > >> Hi Sharayah,
            > >>
            > >> Here's the one I use:
            > >>
            > >> http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
            > >>
            > >> The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36
            > for
            > >> two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
            > >> plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know
            > I've
            > >> never had any downtime.
            > >>
            > >> Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
            > >>
            > >> http://creativitycoachingsite.com
            > >> http://artofeverycolor.com
            > >>
            > >> Feel free to buzz me with questions!
            > >>
            > >> Best,
            > >>
            > >> ---Dan
            > >> <http://danhughes.net/>
            > >> P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
            > >> creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
            > >>
            > >> --
            > >>
            > >> <http://radiofun.info>

            Best,

            ---Dan
            http://danhughes.net
            http://danhughesbooks.com
            http://thetreasurecorner.com
            http://thesoftballcorner.com
            http://radiofun.info

          • Calvin Powers
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5 5:25 PM
              I use justhost to host my podcast MP3 files and have no complaints. They are
              cheap and unlike other hosting services, they are not constantly trying to
              get me to sign up for more services. So for whatever that is worth.....

              Calvin

              On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Sharayah 888 <sharayah888@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > I'm looking at web hosts and wanted to ask what your recommendations are.
              >
              > Someone recommended site5 http://www.site5.com/ and wordpress suggests
              > bluehost http://www.bluehost.com/ but both have some negative reviews
              > online.
              >
              > Just host http://www.justhost.com/ and Ipage http://www.ipage.com/ seem to
              > rank well on sites dedicated to web hosting reviews...does anyone have
              > experience with these sites? I'd prefer word of mouth over sites that may
              > be biased.
              >
              > Thanks!
              > Sharayah

            • Michael Johnson
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5 8:14 PM
                I don't know how it works with transferring domains over, but I have purchased a few domains through them and host them on the same plan. Two that I can think of offhand are crosscampusministry.com and williamjohnsonmusic.com

                Those two domains are on the same 4.88 plan

                Thanks
                Mike
                Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
                The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
                A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com