Web Hosting

  • Sharayah 888
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      I'm looking at web hosts and wanted to ask what your recommendations are.

      Someone recommended site5 http://www.site5.com/ and wordpress suggests
      bluehost http://www.bluehost.com/ but both have some negative reviews
      online.

      Just host http://www.justhost.com/ and Ipage http://www.ipage.com/ seem to
      rank well on sites dedicated to web hosting reviews...does anyone have
      experience with these sites? I'd prefer word of mouth over sites that may
      be biased.

      Thanks!
      Sharayah

    • Dan Hughes
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
        Hi Sharayah,

        Here's the one I use:

        http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp

        The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
        two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
        plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
        never had any downtime.

        Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:

        http://creativitycoachingsite.com
        http://artofeverycolor.com

        Feel free to buzz me with questions!

        Best,

        ---Dan
        <http://danhughes.net/>
        P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
        creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com

        --

        <http://radiofun.info>

      • Steve Riekeberg
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
          Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
          *some* people
          with horror stories...

          Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be happier,
          and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
          BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.

          Steve Riekeberg
          Host, Geek Cred
          <http://www.geekcred.net>
          818-925-GEEK

          On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...> wrote:

          > Hi Sharayah,
          >
          > Here's the one I use:
          >
          > http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
          >
          > The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
          > two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
          > plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
          > never had any downtime.
          >
          > Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
          >
          > http://creativitycoachingsite.com
          > http://artofeverycolor.com
          >
          > Feel free to buzz me with questions!
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > ---Dan
          > <http://danhughes.net/>
          > P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
          > creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
          >
          > --
          >
          > <http://radiofun.info>

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
            I agree. I use powweb. Go daddy is a bad choice

            On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Steve Riekeberg <missingintellect@...> wrote:

            > Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
            > *some* people
            > with horror stories...
            >
            > Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be happier,
            > and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
            > BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.
            >
            > Steve Riekeberg
            > Host, Geek Cred
            > <http://www.geekcred.net>
            > 818-925-GEEK
            >

            > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...> wrote:
            >

            >> Hi Sharayah,
            >>
            >> Here's the one I use:
            >>
            >> http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
            >>
            >> The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36 for
            >> two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
            >> plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know I've
            >> never had any downtime.
            >>
            >> Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
            >>
            >> http://creativitycoachingsite.com
            >> http://artofeverycolor.com
            >>
            >> Feel free to buzz me with questions!
            >>
            >> Best,
            >>
            >> ---Dan
            >> <http://danhughes.net/>
            >> P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
            >> creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
            >>
            >> --
            >>
            >> <http://radiofun.info>

          • Dan Hughes
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
              Mike,

              I checked the PowWow site, and they seem to offer unlimited domains for
              $4.88 a month? That means I can move ALL my domains into one $4.88 account,
              and they will all have their own direct URLs?

              Am I interpreting that correctly?

              Thanks,

              ---Dan

              On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Mike <serviceyourac@...> wrote:

              > I agree. I use powweb. Go daddy is a bad choice
              >

              > On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Steve Riekeberg <missingintellect@...<missingintellect%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > Most any hosting provider of a respectable size will have at least
              > > *some* people
              > > with horror stories...
              > >
              > > Personally, I have been using DreamHost for years, and couldn't be
              > happier,
              > > and I'm probably not the only one here. I also know a few people that use
              > > BlueHost, among others. Just stay away from GoDaddy for hosting.
              > >
              > > Steve Riekeberg
              > > Host, Geek Cred
              > > <http://www.geekcred.net>
              > > 818-925-GEEK
              > >

              > > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Dan Hughes <danhughesmail@...<danhughesmail%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > >> Hi Sharayah,
              > >>
              > >> Here's the one I use:
              > >>
              > >> http://3essentials.com/linux-web-hosting.asp
              > >>
              > >> The Economy Plan is just $1.50 per month (to get that price you pay $36
              > for
              > >> two years). You get 10 Gigs of web space, which should be more than
              > >> plenty. I've been with them for about four years, and as far as I know
              > I've
              > >> never had any downtime.
              > >>
              > >> Here are the sites I have with 3Essentials:
              > >>
              > >> http://creativitycoachingsite.com
              > >> http://artofeverycolor.com
              > >>
              > >> Feel free to buzz me with questions!
              > >>
              > >> Best,
              > >>
              > >> ---Dan
              > >> <http://danhughes.net/>
              > >> P.S. I have other domains that are embedded in the
              > >> creativitycoachingsite.com, like http://treasuremanual.com
              > >>
              > >> --
              > >>
              > >> <http://radiofun.info>

              Best,

              ---Dan
              http://danhughes.net
              http://danhughesbooks.com
              http://thetreasurecorner.com
              http://thesoftballcorner.com
              http://radiofun.info

            • Calvin Powers
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
                I use justhost to host my podcast MP3 files and have no complaints. They are
                cheap and unlike other hosting services, they are not constantly trying to
                get me to sign up for more services. So for whatever that is worth.....

                Calvin

                On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Sharayah 888 <sharayah888@...> wrote:

                > Hi everyone,
                >
                > I'm looking at web hosts and wanted to ask what your recommendations are.
                >
                > Someone recommended site5 http://www.site5.com/ and wordpress suggests
                > bluehost http://www.bluehost.com/ but both have some negative reviews
                > online.
                >
                > Just host http://www.justhost.com/ and Ipage http://www.ipage.com/ seem to
                > rank well on sites dedicated to web hosting reviews...does anyone have
                > experience with these sites? I'd prefer word of mouth over sites that may
                > be biased.
                >
                > Thanks!
                > Sharayah

              • Michael Johnson
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
                  I don't know how it works with transferring domains over, but I have purchased a few domains through them and host them on the same plan. Two that I can think of offhand are crosscampusministry.com and williamjohnsonmusic.com

                  Those two domains are on the same 4.88 plan

                  Thanks
                  Mike
                  Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
                  The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
                  A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com