Re: [podcasters] Re: Hellos and Questions! :D

  • Zak Rhyno
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4 8:56 AM
      So I will need a mixer of some type. Is there a way to have it as a digital
      mixer and not a device you have to have extra, meaning it all on the
      computer.?

      On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:54 AM, David Jackson <jammindave@...> wrote:

      > You had mentioned you wanted an all in one solution for recording/rss, etc.
      > I wouldn't do that (if it breaks, everything goes down). Record in
      > Audacity,
      > Use Wordpress/Feedburner for your RSS, and Libsyn or Blubrry.com for your
      > media hosting (I use Libsyn). As for Recording Skype, I use an external
      > recorder and take it right out of my computer (see youtube
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsAUgApgs6s ). For mixing in music, plug
      > your
      > ipod or CD player into an external mixer if you're going to mix it live. If
      > not you can add it in post.
      >
      > Let me know if you need more help. I can do it for you, or point you
      > towards
      > tutorials that walk you through the whole process.
      >
      > Dave Jackson
      > Personal Podcast Coach
      > www.schoolofpodcasting.com

    • Pat Cook
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 8 5:21 PM
        On 2/3/2011 11:28 AM, zakrhyno wrote:

        > Hello everybody I'm new here to the group and thought first off saying
        > hello to all and hope all of you are doing well. Well I been listen to
        > podcast via iTunes for a few months and well got the itch to try and
        > do one myself. I spoken to a few friends and they like the idea, but
        > they mostly just want to talk on it and not do the work behind editing
        > and stuff. Not really a problem tho. But that where a few of my
        > questions come in. I been looking around and can't really find an
        > answer to my question on the net and even via Google. *gasp!* :P So I
        > add my questions below and maybe someone can give me a hand.

        Okay.....

        > 1. I want to do a podcast but I'm trying to find a all in one software
        > that allow me to record, mix, upload and RSS feed, the finish podcast
        > to the server. I do know Audacity but it don't really do everything I
        > want it to do, (sort of). So I'm okay to give some funds up to by the
        > software.

        If you sign up with a podcast host, you won't need to upload an RSS file
        as one will be generated for you. Submit THAT to iTunes & other places.

        > 2. The main communications I will be using is Skype, so I was trying
        > to play music during the recording but have yet to find and type
        > software that will do it. Now I do have just my on board sound card
        > and willing to get buy a sound card for it but, have yet not found any
        > software that allows me to do that while recording and the other
        > people on Skype can hear to.
        > There are the first problems I have came across and trying to find
        > answers to.

        If all you have is onboard sound (As in a sound card or chip WITHOUT a
        "What-U-Hear" feature that exists on many SoundBlasters which will allow
        people to hear what you are sending quite nicely & WITHOUT sounding like
        a mic being pointed at a speaker), then you will find it VERY hard
        unless you either get a SoundBlaster that has this feature or get a
        hardware audio mixer.

        Hope this helps.....

        Cheers :D

        --
        Pat Cook Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
        *Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*

      • Pat Cook
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 8 5:25 PM
          Or just go computer to computer via Skype with the person at the other
          end. That would help.....

          Cheers :D

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 8 5:33 PM
            Any music shop that sells instruments should have what you're looking
            for (Provided they sell DJ gear & not just instruments that is).

            Cheers :D

            On 2/4/2011 9:56 AM, Zak Rhyno wrote:
            > So I will need a mixer of some type. Is there a way to have it as a digital
            > mixer and not a device you have to have extra, meaning it all on the
            > computer.?
            >
            > On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:54 AM, David Jackson<jammindave@...> wrote:
            >

            >> You had mentioned you wanted an all in one solution for recording/rss, etc.
            >> I wouldn't do that (if it breaks, everything goes down). Record in
            >> Audacity,
            >> Use Wordpress/Feedburner for your RSS, and Libsyn or Blubrry.com for your
            >> media hosting (I use Libsyn). As for Recording Skype, I use an external
            >> recorder and take it right out of my computer (see youtube
            >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsAUgApgs6s ). For mixing in music, plug
            >> your
            >> ipod or CD player into an external mixer if you're going to mix it live. If
            >> not you can add it in post.
            >>
            >> Let me know if you need more help. I can do it for you, or point you
            >> towards
            >> tutorials that walk you through the whole process.
            >>
            >> Dave Jackson
            >> Personal Podcast Coach
            >> www.schoolofpodcasting.com

            Pat Cook Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
            *Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
            *Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
            *Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
            Englewood, CO

          • ZakRhyno
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 8 6:10 PM
              Well I got a audio card that will free up my on board audio. But I'm trying
              to keep everything pretty much computer and software, not really anything
              else like mixers and stuff like that. I trying to do this a different way
              than then current way of doing things. I do see where everybody is coming
              from, but anybody get what I'm coming from? For me it easy to have last
              things to laying around then having more stuff to worry about. Audacity is a
              nice tool but it don't do everything I'm looking for really. I was wondering
              if anybody found software that does that? I found one thing but it so out of
              date it don't work with today's stuff.