Re: [podcasters] Looking for Best Podcast Directories to Submit TO

  • Michael Sitarzewski
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
      I'm a little biased, though we're not really a directory. I'd invite you to add your show to http://www.callisto.fm.

      That said, check out http://PodBean.com, and http://www.podomatic.com too. Oh and http://www.castroller.com looks good too.

      Do you do your own editing? Just curious.

      michael@... :)

      On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

      > Howdy,
      >
      > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
      > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
      > decided to start submitting my podcast to
      > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
      > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So my
      > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time to
      > submit to?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Calvin

    • Michael Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
        Don't forget Zune marketplace. There are a lot of zune players out there

        Thanks
        Mike
        Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
        The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
        A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

        Do you do your own editing? Just curious.

        michael@... :)

        On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

        > Howdy,
        >
        > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
        > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
        > decided to start submitting my podcast to
        > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
        > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So my
        > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time to
        > submit to?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Calvin

      • Calvin Powers
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
          Yes I do my own editing. I have a live radio show on WCOM in Carrboro NC
          each week. I interview my guests by phone during the live show and record it
          by hooking the mixing board's program out feed to my Zoom H4N. Then go home
          and edit the interview in Audacity. Next I do a "live to tape" show using my
          microphone, the recorded show, and some music off my PC through an Alesis
          mixing board. The Alesis main mix out gets routed to the Zoom H4N. That
          creates the podcast episode as a whole. Then I do some minor editing of the
          episode as a whole in Audacity again. Usually I just to a little bit of
          compression and normalization, but not much.

          On my most recent episode, I did some compression on just the interview part
          before I did the live to tape part and it introduced some bad sound
          artifacts during the interview. So I'm not going to do that again.My
          experiences has been that the less compression/normalization you have to do
          the better.

          Thanks for the directory suggestions. I'll add then to my list.

          I have also added my podcast to the Zune directory. At least I think I did.
          I submitted my URL and it took it. But there was no error message or
          confirmation. so I'm not sure. I also added my podcast to the Blackberry
          directory.

          Calvin Powers
          www.taprootradio.com

          On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Michael Sitarzewski
          <msitarzewski@...>wrote:

          > I'm a little biased, though we're not really a directory. I'd invite you to
          > add your show to http://www.callisto.fm.
          >
          > That said, check out http://PodBean.com, and http://www.podomatic.com too.
          > Oh and http://www.castroller.com looks good too.
          >
          > Do you do your own editing? Just curious.
          >
          > michael@... :)
          >
          > On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:
          >
          > > Howdy,
          > >
          > > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
          > > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
          > > decided to start submitting my podcast to
          > > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
          > > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So
          > my
          > > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time
          > > submit to?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Calvin

        • Michael Johnson

            <msitarzewski@...>wrote:

            > I'm a little biased, though we're not really a directory. I'd invite you to

            > add your show to http://www.callisto.fm.

            > That said, check out http://PodBean.com, and http://www.podomatic.com too.

            > Oh and http://www.castroller.com looks good too.

            > Do you do your own editing? Just curious.

            > michael@... :)

            > On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

            > > Howdy,

            > > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot

            > > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I

            > > decided to start submitting my podcast to

            > > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of

            > > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So

            > my

            > > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time

            > > submit to?

            > > Thanks

            > > Calvin

          • Calvin Powers
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
              http://rimpodcast.quickplay.ca/rimpodcasting/

              On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Michael Johnson <serviceyourac@...>wrote:

              > The blackberry directory? I've never heard of that, where is that?
              >
              > Thanks
              > Mike
              > Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
              > The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
              > A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at
              > crosscampusministry.com

            • Pat Cook
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
                Have you tried the Alley & the Pickle?

                Cheers :)

                Pat

                On 2/2/2011 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

                > Howdy,
                >
                > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
                > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
                > decided to start submitting my podcast to
                > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
                > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct.
                > So my
                > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my
                > time to
                > submit to?
                >
                > Thanks
                > Calvin

                Pat Cook Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
                *Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
                *Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
                *Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
                Englewood, CO