Looking for Best Podcast Directories to Submit TO

  • Calvin Powers
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
      Howdy,

      So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
      Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
      decided to start submitting my podcast to
      other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
      podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So my
      questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time to
      submit to?

      Thanks
      Calvin

    • Michael Sitarzewski
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
        I'm a little biased, though we're not really a directory. I'd invite you to add your show to http://www.callisto.fm.

        That said, check out http://PodBean.com, and http://www.podomatic.com too. Oh and http://www.castroller.com looks good too.

        Do you do your own editing? Just curious.

        michael@... :)

        On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

        > Howdy,
        >
        > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
        > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
        > decided to start submitting my podcast to
        > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
        > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So my
        > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time to
        > submit to?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Calvin

      • Michael Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
          Don't forget Zune marketplace. There are a lot of zune players out there

          Thanks
          Mike
          Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
          The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
          A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at crosscampusministry.com

          Do you do your own editing? Just curious.

          michael@... :)

          On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

          > Howdy,
          >
          > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
          > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
          > decided to start submitting my podcast to
          > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
          > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So my
          > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time to
          > submit to?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Calvin

        • Calvin Powers
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
            Yes I do my own editing. I have a live radio show on WCOM in Carrboro NC
            each week. I interview my guests by phone during the live show and record it
            by hooking the mixing board's program out feed to my Zoom H4N. Then go home
            and edit the interview in Audacity. Next I do a "live to tape" show using my
            microphone, the recorded show, and some music off my PC through an Alesis
            mixing board. The Alesis main mix out gets routed to the Zoom H4N. That
            creates the podcast episode as a whole. Then I do some minor editing of the
            episode as a whole in Audacity again. Usually I just to a little bit of
            compression and normalization, but not much.

            On my most recent episode, I did some compression on just the interview part
            before I did the live to tape part and it introduced some bad sound
            artifacts during the interview. So I'm not going to do that again.My
            experiences has been that the less compression/normalization you have to do
            the better.

            Thanks for the directory suggestions. I'll add then to my list.

            I have also added my podcast to the Zune directory. At least I think I did.
            I submitted my URL and it took it. But there was no error message or
            confirmation. so I'm not sure. I also added my podcast to the Blackberry
            directory.

            Calvin Powers
            www.taprootradio.com

            On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Michael Sitarzewski
            <msitarzewski@...>wrote:

            > I'm a little biased, though we're not really a directory. I'd invite you to
            > add your show to http://www.callisto.fm.
            >
            > That said, check out http://PodBean.com, and http://www.podomatic.com too.
            > Oh and http://www.castroller.com looks good too.
            >
            > Do you do your own editing? Just curious.
            >
            > michael@... :)
            >
            > On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:
            >
            > > Howdy,
            > >
            > > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
            > > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
            > > decided to start submitting my podcast to
            > > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
            > > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So
            > my
            > > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time
            > > submit to?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Calvin

          • Michael Johnson

              <msitarzewski@...>wrote:

              > I'm a little biased, though we're not really a directory. I'd invite you to

              > add your show to http://www.callisto.fm.

              > That said, check out http://PodBean.com, and http://www.podomatic.com too.

              > Oh and http://www.castroller.com looks good too.

              > Do you do your own editing? Just curious.

              > michael@... :)

              > On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

              > > Howdy,

              > > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot

              > > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I

              > > decided to start submitting my podcast to

              > > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of

              > > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct. So

              > my

              > > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my time

              > > submit to?

              > > Thanks

              > > Calvin

            • Calvin Powers
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
                http://rimpodcast.quickplay.ca/rimpodcasting/

                On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Michael Johnson <serviceyourac@...>wrote:

                > The blackberry directory? I've never heard of that, where is that?
                >
                > Thanks
                > Mike
                > Learn the secrets to staying pure on campus in:
                > The Cross Campus Ministry Podcast,
                > A Podcast for Christian College Students and youth in itunes and at
                > crosscampusministry.com

              • Pat Cook
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
                  Have you tried the Alley & the Pickle?

                  Cheers :)

                  Pat

                  On 2/2/2011 7:08 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

                  > Howdy,
                  >
                  > So far the only directory I've listed my Taproot
                  > Radio<http://www.taprootradio.com/>podcast to is iTunes. Tonight I
                  > decided to start submitting my podcast to
                  > other directories and quickly discovered that there are gazillions of
                  > podcast directories out there. About half of them seem to be defunct.
                  > So my
                  > questions, which are the top directories that are actually worth my
                  > time to
                  > submit to?
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Calvin

                  Pat Cook Host - *THE LEFT WING CONSERVATIVE*
                  *Website <http://www.wix.com/progressivemoderates/mainwix>*
                  *Audio Podcast <http://theleftwingconservative.mevio.com/>*
                  *Video Podcast <http://tlwctv.mevio.com/>*
                  Englewood, CO