Re: [podcasters] Podcasting

  • C. Hatton Humphrey
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 14, 2011

      > I am in the process of putting together a new podcast and I have also been
      > wanting to do this one "live to tape," i.e. record and mix the whole thing
      > in real time and then send it out on the RSS feed as a downloadable
      > episode.
      > This has been a lot harder to do thane a mixed show.

      You're describing what I do via Talkshoe every week... only my show isn't so
      scripted ;)

      I have a VoIP client dial in as my mixer and then I call in with the phone.
      Granted, the audio quality is not what it could be if I used VoIP to dial
      in but I also have $0 hardware invested.

      The rough part is when there are things that need to be edited for whatever
      reason... 5 year olds that don't want to go to sleep, people dialing in for
      the sheer act of harassing myself and my co-host (which happens because of
      our subject matter), mixer problems, etc. I have to "hide" the episode,
      download it, edit it in audacity, re-save as MP3, re-upload and then "show"
      it.

      Because I have a stand-alone site for the show I also have to create a blog
      post with the link, let Feedburner update and voila!

      In the past I've been told that's, "turn-key podcasting"... works for me
      whatever it is! We just started on our fourth year of episodes so
      somethings working right!

      Hatton
      http://www.eastcoastconservative.com